• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Too little, too late?

The Angels had a 10 game lead in August (1995) over the Mariners.

The fat lady isn't singing yet on the 2013 season. 

The Angels don't have a rock solid pitching staff led by a Randy Johnson quality ace like the 1995 Mariners. 

This is an easy part of the schedule but these guys are starting to play well, finally. That run differential is starting to close now, and it seems just a matter of time before we easily lead the division in runs scored.

But Texas just keeps rolling, the lead seems almost insurmountable.

Don't give up on the Angels just yet..I still think they can get a wild card. The Rangers are still the best team in the division, though..especially how they have about 20 guys on the dl and don't use it as an excuse.

Don't give up on the Angels just yet..I still think they can get a wild card. The Rangers are still the best team in the division, though..especially how they have about 20 guys on the dl and don't use it as an excuse.

Agreed. I think Texas is goign to run away with the division. Here is their current 15 day DL:

Harrison

Kinsler

Lewis

Ogando

Soria

and their catcher and others have also spent time on the DL this season and they still have the best record in the league. As they start to get those players back they will only improve. 

Angels only hope to get into the wild card game is for the Angels to win upcoming series against Texas directly, but otherwise for Texas to destroy teams that are ahead of the Angels in the wild card hunt.

Texas are irrelevant. They can win 120 games for all it matters to the Angels. And if they win those 120 games beating wild card chasing teams (other than the Angels obviously) all the better. Angels only have to make the play-offs and then worse case scenario is they will have to beat Texas in a 5 games series. And that is doable. 

Season not over!

This is a weak part of the schedule, and they're beating the teams they SHOULD beat.  Which is an improvement, a start, baby steps, whatever you want to call it.  They just need to continue building on the basics and hope this team comes together the way they look like they should on paper.

Either way, the good thing here is the season is now becoming enjoyable to watch again.  That's really all I care about, is relevance.  Do we have a chance?  Yes, and that's enough for me right now.  

On May 25th last year we were 22-25.

While we didn't get over the hump, we did get close.

For right now, I'm not concerned about where we are in the standings as much as just enjoying the fact we're playing some pretty good ball.