• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols not retiring

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

Did anyone seriously think he was gonna retire?

It really depends on how much Albert values having a .300 career BA, and of course how his knees and feet are ultimately feeling at the end of the 2019 season.   He's now only 15 HRs from passing Mays for #5 on the all time HRs list. 

I am happy with his numbers so far in 2019, .757 OPS >>>>>> sub .700 OPS from 2017-2018.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I am trying to connect Garret with a carrot, besides the names sounding familiar, and I am having trouble.

What does the carrot mean?

Garret's nickname was "Rabbit," like Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. Rabbit enjoyed carrots.

Purely hypothetical, but not impossible. People change their minds and circumstances alter previous plans.

If Albert's personal service contract could be cancelled or voided in some way and he was the equivalent of a free agent after his playing career what would he now do? Assuming money and terms to be equal.

Continue with Angels as originally planned, or go back to St. Louis in a similar capacity.

His love for St. Louis is a dominant part of his mindset and seems now to have become intensified. Would he want a do over and return as the prodigal son or endure the tough life of a mega millionaire in SoCal?  

34 minutes ago, nate said:

Pretty sure that @Stradling is the only one that thinks Pujols would retire early.

Nobody thinks he will "retire" early and forfeit any money....but if he is struggling to produce or physically or both, I think he might rework things on the remaining amount of his contract and his personal services deal with Arte and work in some capacity for the team.... that would look a lot better than a straight buy out of his remaining contract...this year he has been modestly productive and, more importantly, he's been healthy....we'll see how it plays out for 2 more years....