• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

War with Iran?

Reference some posts either in this thread or one of the others, honestly, Irans military isnt near as good asthey try to appear. An actual war with them would be a repeat of the 91 gulf war. Saddam actually had a much more modern equipped army. 

Yes, an occupation would be a nightmare. And unlike Iraq, we would have very little help from our allies.

The main threat.... 

Again, their army is weak. Their equipment a few generations behind...

But Syria and Iraq have given them experience. And theyd have Russian and Chinese help (to some extent).

I wonder how the Kremlin is leaning? Yes, they want war, in order to gauge us, and test their new capabilities via iran? (Russia has spent a ton developing tech to kill ours, amd even the playing field). Or no, because it would weaken their partner (iran), shift balance back to the saudis (our ally) and perhaps weaken assad?

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Iran state media is claiming multiple US casualties. This is obviously bs, because they would have no way on knowing. So hopefully have w this all plays out is, no casualties, and Iran to lies to their people they had some huge retaliation against the US, and tensions do get deescalated 

I cant imagine a whole ton past this. Who knows, we may see some tit for tat. We hit their missile sites, they attack shipping in the gulf, the russians and western europe mediate a ceasefire. Major conflict avoided.

But iran basically said yesterday we should expect retaliation, and afterwards, not retaliate, and iran would consider us even. Was this that payback?

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I cant imagine a whole ton past this. Who knows, we may see some tit for tat. We hit their missile sites, they attack shipping in the gulf, the russians and western europe mediate a ceasefire. Major conflict avoided.

But iran basically said yesterday we should expect retaliation, and afterwards, not retaliate, and iran would consider us even. Was this that payback?

That's what it looks like for now.

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

What does Israel have to do with this? This is all for show for them to save face. No need to escalate this nonsense. 

Essentially theyve been threatening israel for decades.

The main reason would be to get israel involved... on our side.... knowing it would enflame the region... and politically, it would lead to the gulf states backing off from assisting us.

Nobody out there wants to side with israel, at least openly.

I know, too, that the state department issued warnings to americans to avoid israel, mainly the palestinian areas. I would assume irans threats would mean more instructing hezbollah/hamas to start trouble, rather than them shooting missiles over iraq.

Not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but I wonder how Iraq views this strike? Yes, it was aimed at us. But IN iraq.... do they view this as aggression against them as well?

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference some posts either in this thread or one of the others, honestly, Irans military isnt near as good asthey try to appear. An actual war with them would be a repeat of the 91 gulf war. Saddam actually had a much more modern equipped army. 

Yes, an occupation would be a nightmare. And unlike Iraq, we would have very little help from our allies.

The main threat.... 

Again, their army is weak. Their equipment a few generations behind...

But Syria and Iraq have given them experience. And theyd have Russian and Chinese help (to some extent).

I wonder how the Kremlin is leaning? Yes, they want war, in order to gauge us, and test their new capabilities via iran? (Russia has spent a ton developing tech to kill ours, amd even the playing field). Or no, because it would weaken their partner (iran), shift balance back to the saudis (our ally) and perhaps weaken assad?

Human beings are so fucking fascinating 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Al Hadath, an Arabic newspaper in Jordan,  is reporting the plane was shot down by an Iranian missile. So far it's the only news source saying this.

Why would they shoot down a Ukrainian airline?