Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

War with Iran?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Not really. It’s very important to understand the concept of blowback. Something the US can’t figure out. 

Would it be fair to say that Iran meddling in the region, openly fighting a proxy war against us, the saudis, GCC states and Israel is what led to strike? Is that blowback for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Would it be fair to say that Iran meddling in the region, openly fighting a proxy war against us, the saudis, GCC states and Israel is what led to strike? Is that blowback for them?

f'n Eisenhower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jason said:

What a lovely country 

Interesting to wonder how average joe Iranian feels about all of this.

A buddy of mine was there a few months ago, and I hung out for a bit with an Iranian national on a recent vacation. Between the two (in talking w them), you get the feeling the average citizen isnt pro regime, or anti west. In fact, you get the feeling they want normalized relations w the west.

Obviously thats just two peoples take on the matter. But I think most of us think of the ayotolla in the 80s as representing all Iranians, when its probably closer to the Persians in LA.

So, less war, more drakkar noir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Interesting to wonder how average joe Iranian feels about all of this.

A buddy of mine was there a few months ago, and I hung out for a bit with an Iranian national on a recent vacation. Between the two (in talking w them), you get the feeling the average citizen isnt pro regime, or anti west. In fact, you get the feeling they want normalized relations w the west.

Obviously thats just two peoples take on the matter. But I think most of us think of the ayotolla in the 80s as representing all Iranians, when its probably closer to the Persians in LA.

So, less war, more drakkar noir.

The Iranians I’ve known here universally declare themselves to be Persian, not Iranian. They try very deliberately to distance themselves from the lunatics that came in when the ayatollah took over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blarg said:

That was purposely singular because the strike required a drone pilot not boots (plural) on the ground. 

hillary clinton nod GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Launched for no reason other than Trump's ego.

Pentagon chief says no specific evidence Iran was plotting to attack four U.S. embassies

I remember Trump using the word "imminent" regarding the threat - meaning that, as usual, he was full of shit and pulling it out of his ass to justify his decision.

“What the president said was that there probably could be additional attacks against embassies. I shared that view,” Esper said. “The president didn’t cite a specific piece of evidence.”

When pressed on whether intelligence officers offered concrete evidence on that point he said: “I didn’t see one with regards to four embassies.”
 
"Probably could be" sounds like adequate justification to take military action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Launched for no reason other than Trump's ego.

Pentagon chief says no specific evidence Iran was plotting to attack four U.S. embassies

I remember Trump using the word "imminent" regarding the threat - meaning that, as usual, he was full of shit and pulling it out of his ass to justify his decision.

“What the president said was that there probably could be additional attacks against embassies. I shared that view,” Esper said. “The president didn’t cite a specific piece of evidence.”

When pressed on whether intelligence officers offered concrete evidence on that point he said: “I didn’t see one with regards to four embassies.”
 
"Probably could be" sounds like adequate justification to take military action.

Why did Obama have Khadafi killed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this