• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

War with Iran?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Easy. They're just as willing to use terrorist attacks as anyone else in the Middle East. Imagine if the Taliban had a legitimate military of 400,000 soldiers backing them up. They're the 14th most powerful military in the world. While this makes them the Hofstra of the military world, they can still kill American soldiers.

That's the best Hofstra reference to date.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

There's a new video all over Twitter and other sites purporting to show the moment the plane was hit by the missile.

NY Times is running with it but I can't get past their pay wall, and I'm not forking over one penny to read their paper.

Also, I can't view any Twitter videos on my computer no matter what browser I'm using, so I guess I won't see the video. Time to get a new computer.

I forked out the money for a computer capable of viewing video and didn't even think about my budget

This must be why my Porsche count is 0

On 1/7/2020 at 11:46 PM, UndertheHalo said:

It would seem to me that if it was hit by a missile  there would be lots of flaming debris.  This does not look like that.  I guess it’s too early to really rule anything out though.  

The debris pattern on the ground is indicative of an aircraft that broke up in flight - which doesn't happen when an engine fails. 

10 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The debris pattern on the ground is indicative of an aircraft that broke up in flight - which doesn't happen when an engine fails. 

Well I’ve obviously seen all the reports that you guys have seen.  All we had last night was video shot at a distance at night.  It appears based on the news today that it was shot down.  Unfortunate. 

Whole thing, aside from being tragic, is... weird.

Heat of the moment, adrenaline is going, I get all of that. Human being will always make mistakes.

But a civilian jetliner, taking off FROM YOUR OWN territory.... in what I imagine is the same pattern planes take off in EVERY FEW MINUTES.... is... amateur hour to put it lightly.

Ive never been around a SAM unit (other than the lowest level stuff / stingers). But I imagine the operator can see the size, airspeed, etc etc.... i cant think of any instance where a large passenger plane, ASCENDING, would be assumed to be a fighter attacking.

Same questions came up in the Vincennes incident. Eerily similar come to think of it. 

But in this case, it just seems very odd that whoever manned that missile battery wouldnt know they are right outside the airport.... 

45 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But in this case, it just seems very odd that whoever manned that missile battery wouldnt know they are right outside the airport.... 

my brother and I got caught up in a UFO craze when I was about 12, so one night we sat outside with a pair of binoculars trying to find one. In fact, that night we saw several suspicious flying aircraft that we thought could have been UFOs. 

it wasn't until about an hour later that it finally dawned on me that living about 5 miles away from LAX was probably a big disadvantage to our UFO hunting efforts that night.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

my brother and I got caught up in a UFO craze when I was about 12, so one night we sat outside with a pair of binoculars trying to find one. In fact, that night we saw several suspicious flying aircraft that we thought could have been UFOs. 

it wasn't until about an hour later that it finally dawned on me that living about 5 miles away from LAX was probably a big disadvantage to our UFO hunting efforts that night.

That's exactly what they would want you to think.

17 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

There's a new video all over Twitter and other sites purporting to show the moment the plane was hit by the missile.

NY Times is running with it but I can't get past their pay wall, and I'm not forking over one penny to read their paper.

Also, I can't view any Twitter videos on my computer no matter what browser I'm using, so I guess I won't see the video. Time to get a new computer.

lol, ok.

I'll take "Most Expensive Solutions for Simple Problems" for approximately $500 depending on sale prices, Alex.

Feel like an asshole. First thought was "haha, it WAS you guys!"

Close to 200 regular joes were killed, in a not clean way.

And now, some joe nobody Private will get the blame... when he was just acting on what he was told to do...

Make these people "martyrs". Use this for both sides to pick up the phone, grab a beer, and figure out a way how both sides can ignore each other...