• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

War with Iran?

On 1/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, st1ckboy said:

Yeah, I'm not buying it unless we hear something from a more reliable source. I just realized who I was replying to, fs79, and now know this is complete nonsense. Like everything else you post.

Yep, sure is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/plane-crash-us-officials-confident-iran-shot-down-passenger-jet-bound-for-ukraine-today-2020-01-09-live-stream-updates/

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Not saying I dont believe it, but still gonna wait for an official release of that info, rather than "a source".

Dont get me wrong, it makes sense, and is totally possible. Ive just learned to slow down my reactions with early info.

This is akin to the rumors se were meeting with both cole and strassburg.

There's a new video all over Twitter and other sites purporting to show the moment the plane was hit by the missile.

NY Times is running with it but I can't get past their pay wall, and I'm not forking over one penny to read their paper.

Also, I can't view any Twitter videos on my computer no matter what browser I'm using, so I guess I won't see the video. Time to get a new computer.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

There's a new video all over Twitter and other sites purporting to show the moment the plane was hit by the missile.

NY Times is running with it but I can't get past their pay wall, and I'm not forking over one penny to read their paper.

Also, I can't view any Twitter videos on my computer no matter what browser I'm using, so I guess I won't see the video. Time to get a new computer.

Video verified by The New York Times appears to show an Iranian missile hitting a plane above Parand, near Tehran’s airport, the area where a Ukrainian airliner stopped transmitting its signal before it crashed on Wednesday.

A small explosion occurred when a missile hit the plane, but the plane did not explode, the video showed. The jet continued flying for several minutes and turned back toward the airport, The Times has determined. The plane flew toward the airport ablaze before it exploded and crashed quickly, other videos verified by The Times showed.

This is a developing story. Check back for a detailed breakdown of the video.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m shocked that a crap country like Iran has an incompetent military 

Easy. They're just as willing to use terrorist attacks as anyone else in the Middle East. Imagine if the Taliban had a legitimate military of 400,000 soldiers backing them up. They're the 14th most powerful military in the world. While this makes them the Hofstra of the military world, they can still kill American soldiers.