• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh

I know he suffered a grade 2 ankle sprain a few weeks ago. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a timetable for his return back to the lineup? He was mashing right before he got injured. 

Side note- seems like from 2016-2018 Angels lost players to TJ surgery

2019 has been the year for sprained ankles. Adell, Simba then Marsh...

For me, Marsh's comp is predominantly dependent upon whether the power develops or not.  He's an extremely strong, athletic kid, but he's more of a line drive hitter at the moment.  Nothing wrong with hat, because if that keeps up, you can probably expect him to hit .280 with a decent OBP, 20-ish SB and great defense.  An all-around good player.  But if that power develops, he could hit 20-30 HR's, likely with a lower BA, but that's just the trend in baseball right now. 

41 minutes ago, Second Base said:

For me, Marsh's comp is predominantly dependent upon whether the power develops or not.  He's an extremely strong, athletic kid, but he's more of a line drive hitter at the moment.  Nothing wrong with hat, because if that keeps up, you can probably expect him to hit .280 with a decent OBP, 20-ish SB and great defense.  An all-around good player.  But if that power develops, he could hit 20-30 HR's, likely with a lower BA, but that's just the trend in baseball right now. 

I still see a lot of Josh Hamilton in him. He has a .500 BABIP right now... obviously lucky but that is so crazy high that he must be just crushing the ball. He just needs to work on that launch angle stuff and the homeruns will come.

For some reason Marsh reminds me a bit of Jason Heyward (a black guy). Maybe it is that Heyward is a big, athletic dude whose power never developed, aside from that one season when he hit 27 HR. Like Heyward, Marsh is a good defensive player with above average plate discipline.

BASEMENT (10%): Struggles with major league pitching, doesn't develop power. Becomes a 4th outfielder in the majors.

FLOOR (30%): Takes a bit to adjust but becomes a good platoon, decent starter. Maybe .270/.330/.400 with solid defense, 2-3 WAR.

MEDIUM (40%): The power doesn't really develop, but he continues to hit line-drives, play good defense and be an average plus corner outfielder in the majors. .290/.350/.450, 15 HR, 3-4 WAR.

CEILING (20%): The power develops and combines well with his other skills and he becomes a bonafide star. .300/.380/.500, 25 HR, 5 WAR.