• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz shot in the DR???

Claude

I hope this is some sort of facebook fake news deal and not true.

I think we all see those social media reports of some famous celeb's demise or situation and it's just a bunch of junk.

David Ortiz always just killed us on the field/ at the plate -- but I always liked his joyous approach towards baseball.

I hope this report isn't true and if it is I hope he is OK.

lot of tragic stuff (usually serious auto wrecks causing injury and death) out of the DR.

ESPN is running the story now claiming he got shot at an amusement park.  Robbery appears to be the motive.  I actually feel sorry for these rich ball players who can’t even go home to their home country without their own countrymen trying to rob or mess with them.  It happens in every sport and it must suck for them to not be safe in their own homeland

42 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I hope this is some sort of facebook fake news deal and not true.

I think we all see those social media reports of some famous celeb's demise or situation and it's just a bunch of junk.

ESPN is reporting it now, citing his father as a source.

Red Sox legend Ortiz shot in DR, father says

"They called to tell me that David is injured and that they took him to a medical center, but they did not tell me how he is or exactly where he was transferred," Leo Ortiz said via telephone from the Dominican Republic.

"At the moment, everything is confusing. I'm trying to find out where they took my son," Ortiz's father added.

Dionisio Soldevila, a reporter from the Dominican who hosts a radio show with Rojas, told ESPN he spoke with the doctor who first treated Ortiz and was told Ortiz was shot in the lower back and that the bullet went through and came out his stomach. He's currently in surgery, according to Soldevila.

A person who was at the scene told ESPN that Ortiz was wounded by a man, who is being detained, while he was in the "Dial" club in the eastern part of the Dominican capital, and that Ortiz was transferred to the Corazones Unidos clinic, which is located in the center of the city.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Wow the video of his shooting honestly looks like somebody put a hit on him. Dude just rolls up behind him and shoots him in the back at point blank range.

Yep, it certainly wasn’t a robbery.