• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Cahill headed to the IL

mmc

I guess I will say out loud that MLB is a cut throat business and that players have to manage their own value.  It is 100% real that some struggling players sometimes have convenient injuries to attempt to explain away terrible performances in order to preserve the best future value.

I am not saying definitively that Cahill is not legitimately hurt.

The reality in pro sports is many players are "hurt" often and still play through it.

I am only saying that I personally am not always completely convinced a player going on the IL is always legitimately hurt, with the acknowledgment that it very well could be a strategy to excuse a lousy performance.

Is he hurt or does he just suck?

If you were an agent and your client completely sucked for a stretech, isn't it reasonable to think a pitcher might go with "the elbow has been really sore" so you can blame the bad performance on injury?

Sorry to be cynical but all the pieces of the analysis tell me sometimes an injury is not an injury.

I have no idea if this is actually the case with Cahill right now, but I wouldn't rule it out.