• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Newer phones

I'd like to replace my phone but I don't want to spend flagship price for something just released.  I've been using a Moto G4 for a few years.  It's ok.  Anybody have suggestions on a phone from either 2017 or 2018 that is excellent and would be a great upgrade from what I currently have.  I've been an android guy and I love the idea of not having to buy a new set of headphones because the assholes don't put a jack in, and I like the idea of expandable memory but it's not a dealbreaker.  I'm not looking for a budget phone, just a great model that maybe is a revision or two old that still kicks ass and takes great pics.  Something I can purchase off Amazon or Newegg (or similar) that is unlocked is preferable, and ok for Sprint.

Go!

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I'd like to replace my phone but I don't want to spend flagship price for something just released.  I've been using a Moto G4 for a few years.  It's ok.  Anybody have suggestions on a phone from either 2017 or 2018 that is excellent and would be a great upgrade from what I currently have.  I've been an android guy and I love the idea of not having to buy a new set of headphones because the assholes don't put a jack in, and I like the idea of expandable memory but it's not a dealbreaker.  I'm not looking for a budget phone, just a great model that maybe is a revision or two old that still kicks ass and takes great pics.  Something I can purchase off Amazon or Newegg (or similar) that is unlocked is preferable, and ok for Sprint.

Go!

My last 3 phones have been Motorola, and I like them. I currently have the z3, but it doesn't have the headphone jack. I believe the new z4 does though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny story.  I've had cellphones, like many/most of you, for 20-25 years.  Can't remember when I got my first one.  In all of those years, I've never once had insurance on them.  Fast forward to July 2019, I decided after considering the in-depth discussion in this thread that I would purchase the Samsung Galaxy 10.  Great phone and super happy with it.  Fast forward again to late October, while kayaking in Hawaii I tipped and fell out of said kayak.  Brand new phone, protected by a water-proof case, falls out of my swim trunks and sinks to the bottom of the murky river I was in never to be seen again.

I now have an LG G8 ThinQ phone.  I really like this phone too, but hate paying for 2 phones at once.  Yay me! (And, no, I don't have insurance on this phone either).

On 1/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Funny story.  I've had cellphones, like many/most of you, for 20-25 years.  Can't remember when I got my first one.  In all of those years, I've never once had insurance on them.  Fast forward to July 2019, I decided after considering the in-depth discussion in this thread that I would purchase the Samsung Galaxy 10.  Great phone and super happy with it.  Fast forward again to late October, while kayaking in Hawaii I tipped and fell out of said kayak.  Brand new phone, protected by a water-proof case, falls out of my swim trunks and sinks to the bottom of the murky river I was in never to be seen again.

I now have an LG G8 ThinQ phone.  I really like this phone too, but hate paying for 2 phones at once.  Yay me! (And, no, I don't have insurance on this phone either).

You should get yourself a Moto Razr. That way you can pay for 3 phones. 

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/1/22/21076737/motorola-foldable-razr-launch-date-delay-preorders-flip-phone-price