• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harvey

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I know the sound is different with less fans, but WOW i've never heard to balls be squared up like that. They knew what was coming. 

It sounded like Baghdad in the stadium today.  Honestly, the crack of the bat on the ball the Twins hit today sounded like bombs being dropped.  It was eerie.

The only pitch Matt Harvey tipped was his lame ass fastball that was pelting fans in the outfield stands.  He sucks.  Period

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

It’s crazy how bad he and Cahill have been...something in the 5.00s seemed like a worst-case scenario. It’s shocking how bad they’ve been. Did Doug try something crazy with them? Are they both hurt and pitching through things? Regression this steep seems beyond what could have been feared. 

I'm more surprised about Cahill as he's always been pretty solid, in a shades of mediocrity sort of way. Harvey seemed more high-risk, high-reward. But yeah, a 7.50 ERA after 10 starts is worst-case scenario, as is Cahill's performance so far. The "big three" pitching free agents have been total busts.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

If Suarez can top 90 pitches today, you’d have to think there’s a good chance he gets a turn soon. Angels really can’t afford to lose any more ground without things slipping a little too far out of reach.

We have no chance with Harvey and Calhoun pitching like they are!  Call up the replacements.  They either pitch well and get in contention for a WC (doubtful) or they get valuable experience.  It's a win win.

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

teams are either picking up on it or they're not.  or he's not doing it every start.  

Even if he is tipping his pitches, most of them happen to be in the middle of the plate. Any competent major league hitter hits almost every pitch hard that is in the middle of the plate.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Even if he is tipping his pitches, most of them happen to be in the middle of the plate. Any competent major league hitter hits almost every pitch hard that is in the middle of the plate.

Again, I have no idea if it's true.  Just a thought.  Frankly, I don't really care at this point.  Harvey seems like a moron.  

Actually, my biggest concern is that the experiment of thinking they can fix a guy like him has gone so horribly wrong.  That's the most discouraging part.  

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

I thought Cozart was Eppler's worst signing, but Harvey is proving that wrong.   Cahill seems to also want to remind me that he is in the running.

nah.  Harvey is still only on a 1yr deal.  Cozart is still owed another year of more than what Harvey is being paid.  

Cozart is in the top 5 for worst Angel FA signings ever.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

Again, I have no idea if it's true.  Just a thought.  Frankly, I don't really care at this point.  Harvey seems like a moron.  

Actually, my biggest concern is that the experiment of thinking they can fix a guy like him has gone so horribly wrong.  That's the most discouraging part.  

I never consider that idea.....now I am also discouraged. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like it might actually be encouraging that they can now tweak the equation to account for lack of mental toughness and baseball IQ. Make it a sliding scale from Pedro on the high side to Harvey on the low side 

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

OK, associate the cartoon characters to the Angels pitching staff. 

harveywallpaper.jpg

I'm going tag Harvey as the Jerk in the Box. 

The blonde kid with all the cash could be either Harvey or Cahill.

21 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

It sounded like Baghdad in the stadium today.  Honestly, the crack of the bat on the ball the Twins hit today sounded like bombs being dropped.  It was eerie.

I want to re-emphasize this to anyone who wasn't at the game yesterday. They were straight up f-ing shots that the Twins were blasting. The sound would echo around the stadium like some sort of in-game BP.

Not gonna lie, I was really impressed.

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I want to re-emphasize this to anyone who wasn't at the game yesterday. They were straight up f-ing shots that the Twins were blasting. The sound would echo around the stadium like some sort of in-game BP.

Not gonna lie, I was really impressed.

I know people at the game keep bringing this up, but you could tell on the tv too. 

23 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Come on Doc... First he only has 5 starts of 2 runs or less. One he went 4 innings in, another he went 5 (both allowing 2 runs). Two of them he went 6 but in one he walked 3 and only struck out 1 while the other he walked 2 and struck out 2.

His best start he went 7 and allowed 1 but his xFIP for that game was just a half run below his season average. Honestly looking at his game log now, Im not sure he's had any good starts, just a couple where he was removed before he had a chance to blow it and one where faced a garbage team and got a little lucky.

I didn't say he was good when they don't know what's coming.  Mediocre at best.  

maybe telegraphing would be a better term.  like he's doing something where it's really easy for hitters to differentiate his fastball from breaking balls.  And the one thing that is noticeable from his numbers are that he's using the curve a lot more than in years passed.

also of note that his fastball velo is down about 2mph from the beginning of the year.    

23 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

The only pitch Matt Harvey tipped was his lame ass fastball that was pelting fans in the outfield stands.  He sucks.  Period

I can’t confirm about Baghdad, but If you can then all I can say is thank you for your service for our freedom.

but yes, that was a terrible start. Hopefully the leash is short with him.