• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5/23 Angels vs. Twins - make up game

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Left hander Martin Perez with a 2.89 era on the mound for the Twins. On first glance Ohtani is hitting .289 versus lefties this season but he has no extra base hits so his slugging percentage is .289. 

Mike Trout is the DH rather than put him out there on a damp field. I'm ok with this decision, Ohtani can pinch hit late in the game if needed.

I can’t believe that the field is that dangerous.  It’s either the line up is locked in or this is paralysis by analysis imo.  There’s not a scenario that exists where the Angels line up is better with Ohtani out. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, krAbs said:

TBH this is more concerning. I can't really think of a good reason why they would want to give Ohtani two days off, unless there is a health reason - either they are nervous about his elbow, or nervous about the finger that got hit the other day. Either way...makes me nervous.

This is done all the time.  Are you concerned because they gave Trout a DH day before the day off?  It is just a way to give a player some days off.  It isn’t anything new to baseball or a Brad Ausmus is an idiot type of thing.  Look around the league, it happens a ton.  

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I can’t believe that the field is that dangerous.  It’s either the line up is locked in or this is paralysis by analysis imo.  There’s not a scenario that exists where the Angels line up is better with Ohtani out. 

This is that scenario. Pujols backup, Walsh, is left handed. So instead of putting Pujols as DH against a left hander they picked Trout. The Angels have been getting killed by left handed pitching so they are stacking the front of the lineup with right handers. Fletcher is leading off instead of LaStella, the top four of the order are right handed while the back half is primarily left handed. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is that scenario. Pujols backup, Walsh, is left handed. So instead of putting Pujols as DH against a left hander they picked Trout. The Angels have been getting killed by left handed pitching so they are stacking the front of the lineup with right handers. Fletcher is leading off instead of LaStella, the top four of the order are right handed while the back half is primarily left handed. 

Yep and as you pointed out, albeit a very small sample size, Ohtani is slugging .289 against left handed pitching.  

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And to be clear I don’t care about letting Trout DH.  If they want to give a him a couple of days off then fine.  But I wonder if that’s what this is about. 

They’ve already made it clear that when Ohtani gets off days it’ll be against lefties. Everybody can’t play everyday. There’s only 9 spots in the order 

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

They’ve already made it clear that when Ohtani gets off days it’ll be against lefties. Everybody can’t play everyday. There’s only 9 spots in the order 

But Ohtani takes up only one of those 9 spots.

Edited by eligrba

Every time Ohtani sits against a left handed pitcher... a little part of AW dies.

Everything we've read about Ohtani tells us he's constantly making adjustments to his game.  He's constantly trying to improve every areas of his game, much like Mike Trout does.  We want to see him in there against LHers.  We want to see him in there every stinkin' day.  He's DH'ing.  He's not running down fly balls in the OF.  He's a DH.  The team has lost 3 games in a row.  We want to see Ohtani in the lineup.  Don't tell me it's his scheduled day off one day and then point out he'd be facing a LHer the next day. 

Ausmus has his reasons for sitting Ohtani. Angel fans have their reasons for wanting to see him in the lineup.  Ausmus wins.  We get it.  We don't have to like it.  We can still complain about it.  You can defend the decision a million different ways - the bottom line is we STILL don't like it. That doesn't mean we won't watch. That doesn't mean we won't cheer.  We just don't like the decision. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Ohtani wasn't in the lineup yesterday with an off day to follow and no one said boo.  

Ohtani isn't in the lineup today following an off day and some are upset.

Not true.

19 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

Only playing Ohtani against righties again. Great.

frustrated denzel washington GIF

Besides... it's not Wednesday any more and that was his "scheduled day off."

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

TBH this is more concerning. I can't really think of a good reason why they would want to give Ohtani two days off, unless there is a health reason - either they are nervous about his elbow, or nervous about the finger that got hit the other day. Either way...makes me nervous.

They got just been hit in the hand.  It was probably still sore when he batted Wednesday.   I am suprised he didnt miss a game.  They probably felt two days off should relieve the pain.

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

Angels do not have another scheduled off day until June 12th.  I  suspect we are going see at least one more game before then without Ohtani in the lineup. 

Not if we can help it!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

They are going to shut down the upper deck, pull a tarpy and move everyone down to field level. Half of the concessions are closed. There may be a little over 5k here today. 

We are now the Oakland A's.