• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A note of gratitude to Eppler

Yeah, Stratton, Bourjos, Bour, Cozart, Allen, Cahill, and Harvey are plan A and he's moved swiftly with adjustments...at least in comparison with the usual "play the mediocre player until June 30th before doing something".  Plan A also included LaStella and Goodwin as depth as well so nice move there...

Hilarious post.  He missed out on all of Grandal, Corbin, Ramos, Robertson, Harrison, Soria, Gonzalez, Moustakas, Happ, Eovaldi, and Britton, despite trying to sign all of them at some point and ended up with Bour (crap, AAA), Harvey (crap), Cahill (crap), Bourjos (crap), Allen (crap), and Lucroy (crap).  He has been around for now his 4th season, and has yet to put together a .500 ball club.  He has added 0 impact starting pitchers despite that being our biggest weakness ever since he took over.  He hired a complete moron of a manager who everyone ridiculed us for.  His biggest free agent (Cozart) has been an absolute disaster.  Eppler is a horrendous GM and I'm not sure how anyone can defend him after the disaster of a team he has put together this year, 4 years into his tenure.  

3 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Hilarious post.  He missed out on all of Grandal, Corbin, Ramos, Robertson, Harrison, Soria, Gonzalez, Moustakas, Happ, Eovaldi, and Britton, despite trying to sign all of them at some point and ended up with Bour (crap, AAA), Harvey (crap), Cahill (crap), Bourjos (crap), Allen (crap), and Lucroy (crap).  He has been around for now his 4th season, and has yet to put together a .500 ball club.  He has added 0 impact starting pitchers despite that being our biggest weakness ever since he took over.  He hired a complete moron of a manager who everyone ridiculed us for.  His biggest free agent (Cozart) has been an absolute disaster.  Eppler is a horrendous GM and I'm not sure how anyone can defend him after the disaster of a team he has put together this year, 4 years into his tenure.  

Most of those guys have been crap too. Expensive crap at that.

He kept all of our prospects in the process and didn’t block any either, as we’re seeing now.

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

your posts (crap)

12 minutes ago, WeaverFever said:

I like Eppler. I liked most of his moves. I scratched my head on some others. He has rebuilt the farm yes, but let’s remember the farm isn’t a sure thing. 

It’s not a sure thing, but I would not be surprised if we start to see much better success rates for prospects than what we were accustomed to 10-15, even 5 years ago - though that’ll be more due to better talent.

The advancements in data analysis and tracking systems and even just sheer volume of data collected give front offices a much, much better view of the farm. Those systems aren’t going to lead to guaranteed success but I think we’ll much fewer Brandon Wood-type ‘can’t miss’ flops, and more instances of guys who like Barria and Fletcher emerge quickly or guys like Anderson and maybe Walsh come out of nowhere. 

My post was simply to highlight the things he's done in the past few weeks to right the ship. 

There are plenty of other things he's done to be mad about. Plenty of threads on those topics, and I'm sure more to come. I'm just happy some of the dead weight is gone and some exciting new players are here, albeit a bit earlier than originally planned.

2 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

If Cozart was a post, this would be it.

Congratulations.

4 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Hilarious post.  He missed out on all of Grandal ($18 million cost a pick), Corbin,(wanted to be back east would have taken 7-8 years to get him) Ramos (Lucroy has been better), Robertson (he has been awful), Harrison (has an OPS+ of 23, that is really bad) of , Soria (awful), Gonzalez (we tried to sign him?), Moustakas (we tried to sign him?) Happ (you would have given him 2 years and $37 million?) , Eovaldi (elbow surgery and 4 years $68 million for a guy that has never been that good), and Britton , despite trying to sign all of them at some point and ended up with Bour (crap, AAA), Harvey (crap), Cahill (crap), Bourjos (crap), Allen (crap), and Lucroy (crap).  He has been around for now his 4th season, and has yet to put together a .500 ball club.  He has added 0 impact starting pitchers despite that being our biggest weakness ever since he took over.  He hired a complete moron of a manager who everyone ridiculed us for.  His biggest free agent (Cozart) has been an absolute disaster.  Eppler is a horrendous GM and I'm not sure how anyone can defend him after the disaster of a team he has put together this year, 4 years into his tenure.  

You are a freaking knob with this type of post.  By the way I gave you some feedback on all of those players he “tried to sign”.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You are a freaking knob with this type of post.  By the way I gave you some feedback on all of those players he “tried to sign”.  

Yet still no one has responded with an explanation of how he's done anything to be considered a good GM.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Yet still no one has responded with an explanation of how he's done anything to be considered a good GM.

Farm, La Stella, Goodwin, Robles, trading Kinsler for Buttrey, trading for Simmons, signing Ohtani, creating something that made Trout want to stay, development of Anderson, Cole, Fletcher, Barria, Walsh.  Drafting Canning, Adell.  Switching Ward from catcher to anywhere else which saw his bat come alive.  

I am sure you know all of these things, but refuse to believe any of it.  Which is why you are getting criticized.  You look at his failures and assume he sucks.  We look at what he has done, and how he hasn’t burdened the team with lousy contracts and understand what he is doing.  So there it has been explained.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Farm, La Stella, Goodwin, Robles, trading Kinsler for Buttrey, trading for Simmons, signing Ohtani, creating something that made Trout want to stay, development of Anderson, Cole, Fletcher, Barria, Walsh.  Drafting Canning, Adell.  Switching Ward from catcher to anywhere else which saw his bat come alive.  

I am sure you know all of these things, but refuse to believe any of it.  Which is why you are getting criticized.  You look at his failures and assume he sucks.  We look at what he has done, and how he hasn’t burdened the team with lousy contracts and understand what he is doing.  So there it has been explained.  

You are absolutely right. I ask when is the time in your opinion where we NEED to start winning?

Just now, WeaverFever said:

You are absolutely right. I ask when is the time in your opinion where we NEED to start winning?

When the farm can contribute major league ready players and we can use free agency to fill holes not build a roster.

sometimes the players you don't sign are as important as the ones you do.  

he dodged so many bullets from this last off season.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

sometimes the players you don't sign are as important as the ones you do.  

he dodged so many bullets from this last off season.  

And a lot of them got multi year regrettable deals.  Would you rather have Grandall at $18 million and a loss of a pick or Lucroy (even with the lack of defense) at $2.5 million.

And a lot of them got multi year regrettable deals.  Would you rather have Grandall at $18 million and a loss of a pick or Lucroy (even with the lack of defense) at $2.5 million.

Easily Grandal.  This team has nothing in the pipeline at Catcher.  Getting Grandal would allow us to stop relying on one year deals at that position.

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Easily Grandal.  This team has nothing in the pipeline at Catcher.  Getting Grandal would allow us to stop relying on one year deals at that position.

And lose out on a draft pick and international money, nope.

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Ah yes what will we ever do without our 3rd highest pick in the draft (92nd overall)?  Grandal is Grandal but pick 92 could be anything!  It could even be Grandal!

Yea, I would rather have Lucroy and the pick and the international money.  Oh and $16 million to spend elsewhere.