• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ervin Santana

He still sucks and I'm still glad we got rid of him

KC had the same idea in picking him up that we did with signing Blanton (except Santana has more upside). They saved multiple doubles and triples in today's game with superb outfield defense.

KC had the same idea in picking him up that we did with signing Blanton (except Santana has more upside). They saved multiple doubles and triples in today's game with superb outfield defense.

I believe at 15 million for two years that Joe is cheaper than Santana.  

Depends, if Blanton is so bad that he gets replaced after half a season, that's 15 million for nothing

Only problem with keeping Santana is that would have pushed us over luxury tax cutoff this year. We'll likely be over few a few straight years and penalties escalate based on # of years over.

I didn't disagree with signing Blanton at the time (career peripherals + Angels defense should have kept this team in games -- like what we saw today) but not for as much money has he got. 

Santana - 63 IP 59 H 3.08ERA 1.08WHIP .244BAA 10 HR allowed

Blanton - 56 IP 93 H 6.19ERA 1.87WHIP .360BAA 8 HR allowed

I'd have kept Santana and his expiring contract and paid the Tax. That's a difference of 3-4 wins right there at least. Maybe more.