• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 NFL DRAFT

Lou

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Some really bad reaches so far according to the “pros”. I saw some draft grade where they didn’t even do one for the Raiders because the pick was so bad.

not sure where you've been looking, but I've seen C-C+

saw mock drafts of around #20. if he comes to play, he dominates. still a reach where they picked. 

Clemson had 3 DL taken in the first 17 picks. unreal. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

not sure where you've been looking, but I've seen C-C+

saw mock drafts of around #20. if he comes to play, he dominates. still a reach where they picked. 

Clemson had 3 DL taken in the first 17 picks. unreal. 

I’m bouncing around, but the guys at Walter Football have pretty quick reports and grades in close to real time. They ended up making something up for something below F. They have three first rounders and easily could have been had later. Just a bad reach and not even the best Clemson DT.

I think it’s Houston that may have even been worse. Walters has that dude they picked going in the 3rd round.

Washington grabbing Sweat was probably the steal of the first round.

Pretty stoked my Seahawks traded out of 21 and 28 in the 1st round to get 30 and a bunch of picks as we only had before the Frank Clark trade. 

Hoping we nab either one of these top WR's available or a OL/T today. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 9.29.05 AM.png

Caught the first round with a friend who is a Raiders fan as we've gotten together the last so many years to watch.  Usually he can put a positive spin on any of their picks but he was definitely not a fan of their first and second pick last night.  His point which I think is a fair one is that they could have traded back and still had those same guys.  Mocks are just that but a lot of teams seemed to reach last night and there's quite a bit of value left heading into the second round.  I'm really glad Denver didn't end up taking a QB in the first round and hope they look at OL, CB, LB and possibly a QB on day 2. 

Winner: Raiders, for sticking with their safe and steady plan

The boos for Clelin Ferrell at No. 4 were probably more because the mock drafts had Oakland more locked into Allen and Oliver, who were both available. But it's discounting the fact Ferrell is a solid all-around defensive end and a necessary high-floor rebuilding block for Mike Mayock.

Then Jon Gruden got his safe, desired pick in running back Josh Jacobs to be his new workhorse. The third pick of Johnathan Abram, the draft's best safety and classic slobberknocker, was the ideal collaboration of both men. No wonder they could dismiss scouts because they had total control of what they were doing Thursday night.

With the 41st pick Denver took Risner from K State who could end up playing C or T for them.  They then traded the 52nd pick, the 4th rounder they got from Houston for D. Thomas and a 6th round pick for the 42nd pick where they took Lock.  Hearing the Cutler comparisons (both the good and bad) I wasn't a fan of them drafting Lock with the 10th pick like some mocks showed but getting him 32 picks later I have no complaints about.  Let him hold a clipboard for at least a year before figuring out if he's going to be the QB of the future. 

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

With the 41st pick Denver took Risner from K State who could end up playing C or T for them.  They then traded the 52nd pick, the 4th rounder they got from Houston for D. Thomas and a 6th round pick for the 42nd pick where they took Lock.  Hearing the Cutler comparisons (both the good and bad) I wasn't a fan of them drafting Lock with the 10th pick like some mocks showed but getting him 32 picks later I have no complaints about.  Let him hold a clipboard for at least a year before figuring out if he's going to be the QB of the future. 

I hate to say it since it's a rival, but getting him where you guys did is a win. They did their homework to anticipate him falling down in the draft and not grabbing him in the first.