• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We may be seeing Griffin Canning w/ the Angels very soon

Chuck

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is that the right move? 

This year is doneso. But lets say we were winning right now. Would we call him up? Id just hate to rush anyone for a losing cause.

(Disclaimer. I have no idea how ready he is or isnt)

He's as ready to pitch for the Angels as I am ready to pimp slap Ausmus in the face.

Yes, it is the right move. It does Canning no good to spend another year figuring out how to get AAA hitters out and learning the relation of altitude/elevation and fly balls. 

He needs to learn to get make league hitters out predominantly at sea level.

And there is the legitimate possibility that Canning is our best starter. He's certainly better than Stratton. Pena pitched well tonight, but on a regular basis, Canning is better. Skaggs remains an enigma, Heaney is solid but had chronic fatigue in his elbow. Barria's minor league numbers were great, and the overall line from his rookie year at age 21 was exceptional, but he doesn't profile as well as Canning does in terms of stuff.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

No better time than to let these guys gain experience/develop than on a team that isn't contending, so yeah, bring him up and hopefully we see Thaiss, Rengifo, Suarez, Rojas, etc at some point this season too

Seriously.  

If Adell gets back in May and does well I'd like to see him get starts in August and September. 

30 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Thank You! but this is the right move. No point in keeping him in AAA, when he's adjusted quite well this season. Let him come up, and try to adjust to MLb.

Good things are finally happening soon, Skaggs is returning, Ohtani in a week, Canning may get called in a week or two, Upton around mid may.

I've posted it before, but we could have a fun team to watch the second part of this season. 

Lineup: Fletcher 3B, Trout CF, Upton LF, Ohtani DH, Simmons SS, Pujols/Bour 1B, Goodwin RF, Lucroy C, La Stella 2B
Bench: Smith C, Pujols/Bour 1B, Cozart UT IF, Calhoun RF - any of whom possibly replaced by Briceno, Ward, Rojas, Rengifo, Walsh, or Thaiss, or Adell pushing Goodwin to the bench.
Rotation: Skaggs, Cahill, Heaney, Barria, Canning - Pena, Tropeano, Suarez as depth
Bullpen: Buttrey, Anderson, Robles, Garcia, Cole, Middleton, Bedrosian, Bard, Allen, Pena, , Noe or JC Ramirez, Jewell - plenty of depth.

Until then, I really don't have a problem with the Angels trotting out Cahill, Harvey, Allen, Lucroy, Bour, Calhoun, Cozart...cross your fingers a couple of them can be turned into the next Buttrey or Sandoval come July. 

If they're able to hang around .500 until July, it wouldn't surprise me to see the team above surge into WC contention with a strong August/September, especially with the no one AL team really dominating this year.

9 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Somebody has to play RF post all-star break once Calhoun is trad....benched post all-star break

If he heats up a little, Calhoun would be a decent chip at the deadline....notice I'm already in that mode....

6 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Thank You! but this is the right move. No point in keeping him in AAA, when he's adjusted quite well this season. Let him come up, and try to adjust to MLb.

Good things are finally happening soon, Skaggs is returning, Ohtani in a week, Canning may get called in a week or two, Upton around mid may.

And then another group of players will get injured.   That's the rotten luck with this franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The worst thing would be to rush Canning only for him to get shelled by major league hitters.

I think AngelsWin would have to close down if that happened.

Roll dem dice, baby.