• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Ausmus interviews....

Chuck

This is about the 5th post game interview I've seen after either a win or a loss and the guy doesn't seem to be enjoying himself. Can you say eeyore?

One scary thing to note from the interview (turn the volume up). He doesn't seem to be worried about Cody Allen. That concerns the hell out of me. 

So expect some more late inning drama because Brad Ass-munch looks like he's not going to make a change at the closer position any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder what he'd say if someone asked about Bourjos or Cozart? 

We’ve asked him about both in the past few days. He doesn’t say much, but reading between the lines it seems he’s much more optimistic about Cozart than Bourjos. I have a feeling Goodwin will be playing instead of Bourjos against the next lefty.

A manager will speak negatively about a past performance but almost never say anything bad about a player’s potential going forward. If he has nothing nice to say, he just won’t say anything. 

About the worst you get out of him is if you ask if a move is coming and he says “we will talk about some things.”

You have to wait until after he’s made the move (taking a player out of the lineup, changing closers, etc) to really get him to talk about it. 

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

One scary thing to note from the interview (turn the volume up). He doesn't seem to be worried about Cody Allen. That concerns the hell out of me.

You really can't expect him to express any concern about his closer with the media, Chuck. 

When he was going good - it was probably too small of a sample size to say he's going to be great.  And now that he's struggled - the same can be said.  This needs to play out.  I know fans don't like that and want changes made like they make in their fantasy leagues, but real baseball doesn't work that way. These aren't names in a database that you change with a click of a button - it's more complicated than that. 

I'm not terribly impressed with Ausmus so far - but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's not easy for me to do.

You can't really make an appropriate evaluation of this team until many more games have been played.  When the bullpen was going great early - many were ready to label that part of the team as "good." Truth was - it was too early to do that.  Now that it has struggled some - many are quick to push the panic button.  It's too early for that too.  But this is what fans do...   Many were ready to send La Stella packing after a week... then he starts to hit and he's become acceptable.  Like everything else - you can't properly evaluate things with such a small sample size.  It's just the way it is.  Sure, you can do that in fantasy baseball - but this isn't fantasy baseball.

The frustrating thing about the series with Seattle was that so many of the games the team lost - were winnable games.  That's hard to watch.  Hard to stomach.  I have no doubt this team's overall performance would be better if it had Ohtani and Upton.  If the offense is clicking - there is less need to rely on the bullpen.  It all relates. 

Also - think about this - had Upton not suffered an injury, the Angels might not have discovered how good Brian Goodwin can be (even though it's still to early to tell for sure).

Angels baseball hasn't been much fun this year.  I get it.  I"m frustrated about that.  I want to enjoy the games I go to and the ones I watch on TV.  I'm always grumbling to myself about the lineups, the in-game decisions, etc. - but at the same time - I'm trying to keep some perspective this early in the season.  I know people hate that saying... "it's early."  Yup, I get that too.  The reality is this team isn't playing with all of its weapons just yet.  It might not ever get to do that.  Who knows?  All I do know is that this season is going to be a roller coaster and i don't care much for roller coasters.  That being said, man - it's awesome to have baseball again.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

You really can't expect him to express any concern about his closer with the media, Chuck. 

When he was going good - it was probably too small of a sample size to say he's going to be great.  And now that he's struggled - the same can be said.  This needs to play out.  I know fans don't like that and want changes made like they make in their fantasy leagues, but real baseball doesn't work that way. These aren't names in a database that you change with a click of a button - it's more complicated than that. 

I'm not terribly impressed with Ausmus so far - but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's not easy for me to do.

You can't really make an appropriate evaluation of this team until many more games have been played.  When the bullpen was going great early - many were ready to label that part of the team as "good." Truth was - it was too early to do that.  Now that it has struggled some - many are quick to push the panic button.  It's too early for that too.  But this is what fans do...   Many were ready to send La Stella packing after a week... then he starts to hit and he's become acceptable.  Like everything else - you can't properly evaluate things with such a small sample size.  It's just the way it is.  Sure, you can do that in fantasy baseball - but this isn't fantasy baseball.

The frustrating thing about the series with Seattle was that so many of the games the team lost - were winnable games.  That's hard to watch.  Hard to stomach.  I have no doubt this team's overall performance would be better if it had Ohtani and Upton.  If the offense is clicking - there is less need to rely on the bullpen.  It all relates. 

Also - think about this - had Upton not suffered an injury, the Angels might not have discovered how good Brian Goodwin can be (even though it's still to early to tell for sure).

Angels baseball hasn't been much fun this year.  I get it.  I"m frustrated about that.  I want to enjoy the games I go to and the ones I watch on TV.  I'm always grumbling to myself about the lineups, the in-game decisions, etc. - but at the same time - I'm trying to keep some perspective this early in the season.  I know people hate that saying... "it's early."  Yup, I get that too.  The reality is this team isn't playing with all of its weapons just yet.  It might ever get to do that.  Who knows?  All I do know is that this season is going to be a roller coaster and i don't care much for roller coasters.  That being said, man - it's awesome to have baseball again.

Perfect summary, very well said.  

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Angels baseball hasn't been much fun this year.  I get it.  I"m frustrated about that.  I want to enjoy the games I go to and the ones I watch on TV.  I'm always grumbling to myself about the lineups, the in-game decisions, etc. - but at the same time - I'm trying to keep some perspective this early in the season.  I know people hate that saying... "it's early."  Yup, I get that too.  The reality is this team isn't playing with all of its weapons just yet.  It might not ever get to do that.  Who knows?  All I do know is that this season is going to be a roller coaster and i don't care much for roller coasters.  That being said, man - it's awesome to have baseball again.

If you’re going to start thinking logically, you’re going to get your Angels Fan Card revoked. :)

Well said.

the prince of egypt good post GIF

TG with the A+ post

We all get frustrated with losing streaks.   That will never change.   But as long as the GM and the manager stay in control, chances are better that the losing streak will end and maybe reverse itself.    Just hoping that Skaggs, Ohtani, and Heaney will all return soon; and that Upton, Middleton, and JC Ramirez will all return sometime in June.

One change I am thinking of, if the Halos adopt the opener role going forward, is to move Robles into a late innings role and give the opener role (1-2 innings) to Felix Pena.  But I'm guessing that Ausmus is going to audition different guys for that role first.   Even the Rays tried someone different at first (Sergio Romo), before settling on Ryan Stanek. 

Bourjos probably needs to be released, as soon as they determine which AAA OF can supply good enough defense and a better bat.

How much longer though should Cozart be in the lineup?