• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

gotbeer

The Pacific Division of the Western Conference is going to be interesting down the stretch. Vancouver is in first place with 58 points, while four teams (Edmonton, Calgary, Vegas and Arizona) are tied for second with 57 points. A team could conceivably go from first to fifth within a couple of games.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The Pacific Division of the Western Conference is going to be interesting down the stretch. Vancouver is in first place with 58 points, while four teams (Edmonton, Calgary, Vegas and Arizona) are tied for second with 57 points. A team could conceivably go from first to fifth within a couple of games, except the Ducks, Kings and Sharks.  They suck.

fixed.

But yeah, with the conference so tight, teams may be looking to make trades.  Top 3 teams in each division get auto in.  Top 2 in points get the other two positions.  IN the west, it's 5 teams.  With the Blackhawks and Jets 3 points behind.  

Edited by gotbeer

I'm not optimistic about the Golden Knights' chances of making the playoffs. They complete an east coast road swing with four games after the all star break (Carolina, Nashville, Tampa Bay and Florida), and they finish the season with four games on the road in Canada (Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver). They have been inconsistent all season. This year they have played more like an expansion team than they did on the first two years.

17 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The West is weak. They should make the playoffs but their D is too weak to go very far

Defense has been a problem all season. Too many games they have found themselves in a 2-0 or 3-0 hole after one period (4-0 in a recent game against the Kings). I'm not sure what the problem is, or what the answer is. I haven't seen them play since DeBoer took over as coach so I don't know if anything has changed much.

Trade talk in general. I'll start by saying I've heard that there were talks between the Avalanche and Ducks involving Kase. I'd prefer they were talking about Rakell but Kase would be an ok fit. Not sure what they're asking in return but among NHL and near-ready players the Avs have lots to offer. Jost could be had off the active roster. Hasn't had a lot of points but his process is solid. I think Zadorov or Ryan Graves might also be available for a top 6 winger upgrade.

With the Eagles there's forwards Shane Bowers and Martin Kaut or D-man Conor Timmins. If it's me I'm talking to the Sharks about Kane or Lebanc and to Detroit about Anthony Mantha if he could ever get back on the ice. I think it would be amazing if Sakic and Yzerman manage to make a deal as rival GMs

I think the Blues will look for scoring if Tarasenko isn't going to be ready and a few teams will look for a puck hound on D

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Trade talk in general. I'll start by saying I've heard that there were talks between the Avalanche and Ducks involving Kase. I'd prefer they were talking about Rakell but Kase would be an ok fit. Not sure what they're asking in return but among NHL and near-ready players the Avs have lots to offer. Jost could be had off the active roster. Hasn't had a lot of points but his process is solid. I think Zadorov or Ryan Graves might also be available for a top 6 winger upgrade.

With the Eagles there's forwards Shane Bowers and Martin Kaut or D-man Conor Timmins. If it's me I'm talking to the Sharks about Kane or Lebanc and to Detroit about Anthony Mantha if he could ever get back on the ice. I think it would be amazing if Sakic and Yzerman manage to make a deal as rival GMs

I think the Blues will look for scoring if Tarasenko isn't going to be ready and a few teams will look for a puck hound on D

Kase's name has been rumored in Boston also.   So we might get something good for him.  Out of Boston the one of the rumors were McAvoy and prospects/picks. 

People are saying that Rakell's name has been whispered.  But I think that's more other teams asking if he's available than being available.  It just doesn't make financial and fan sense to trade him.  

https://www.nhl.com/news/kings-trade-campbell-clifford-to-maple-leafs/c-314697916?tid=278542340

Jack Campbell and Kyle Clifford were traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs by the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday for Trevor Moore, a third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and a third-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

Trevor Moore, born in the hockey hotbed of Thousand Oaks

Edited by arch stanton

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Man, that squeezes the Maple Leafs cap space even more.  But I do get why they did it.  

Now if we can just squeeze the Leafs a little more and trade Manson for Kapanen and their second round pick.

Andersen has a neck injury. Campbell might be pretty important to them

Edited by arch stanton

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Andersen has a neck injury. Campbell might be pretty important to them

Oh don't get me wrong.  I get why they did it.  It's just I'm surprised they didn't take this opportunity to jettison some salary to get more breathing room in the cap.  Even if it was Kessels dead money.  

On 1/1/2020 at 9:29 PM, Keener said:

I know that no one else is shedding any tears, but the injuries for my Penguins this year are bordering on unbelievable.  

The one to Jake Guentzel is heartbreaking.   Named an all star for the first time, scores goal 20 of the season, which is career point 200.  On the play, trips on dman, awkward into boards, wrecked shoulder, out for the year.

You should be happy to see them go get Zucker. He should be fairly dangerous next to one of the Pens' elite centers. They're not letting injuries get in the way of maximizing the Crosby/Malkin window

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You should be happy to see them go get Zucker. He should be fairly dangerous next to one of the Pens' elite centers. They're not letting injuries get in the way of maximizing the Crosby/Malkin window

I am looking forward to it.  He definitely will be an improvement over Galchenyuk.  

I do appreciate the team's willingness to constantly seek ways to improve.