• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

gotbeer

So RFA's should be getting deals or arbitration.  I think most are scheduled at the end of this months.  So how are these teams going to do it?

Vegas  $3.5 million over the cap already.  Gusev RFA

Rangers  At cap.  Lemieux, Buchnevich, Deangelo RFA 

Penguins $1 million from cap.  Aston-Reese, Pettersson RFA

Leafs $3.7 million from cap.  Marner RFA

Canucks $5 million from cap.  Goldovin, Boesner RFA

Lightning $5.5 million from cap.  Point, Erne RFA

Flames $9.4 million from cap.  Mangiapane, Tkachuk, Bennett RFA

Jets $22.8 million from cap.  Laine, Copp, Connor, Pionk RFA 

I could see Columbus and Minnesota or maybe St. Louis  looking to poach somebody but beyond that I don’t see a lot of teams looking to compete this year with much space unless Philadelphia or New Jersey gets ambitious. 

On a side note I find it amusing that Calgary would let Edmonton off the hook for Lucic

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I could see Columbus and Minnesota or maybe St. Louis  looking to poach somebody but beyond that I don’t see a lot of teams looking to compete this year with much space unless Philadelphia or New Jersey gets ambitious. 

On a side note I find it amusing that Calgary would let Edmonton off the hook for Lucic

I agree that Columbus might go the offer sheet route.  Wouldn't rule out Colorado also.  Although Rantanen will eat up a lot of cap quick.  Minnesota is a weird cat.  They keep trying to trade Zucker, which would leave them a lot of space for a offer sheet.  Although if they do go the offer sheet route, they could just dump Zucker to clear up space.  

Just rough estimations.  But I think Vegas needs to clear $7.5 million.  Or the trading team needs to absorb that amount for Vegas to get to cap.  I hear Gusev is looking for $4 million.  My guess is they will try and add Clarkson's IR money.  The problem is, while Gusev is a phenomenal talent.  He's also unproven in the NHL at 27 years old.  If you go one year, he is a FA.  If you go multiple years, you are taking a chance at a guy that should be in his prime, but also could face adjustment issues.  I just can't see a team giving up much for him, especially since there will be a cap dump involved.  And at $7.5 million, not many teams have that space left. 

Leafs.  Man, I just can't see them not trading Nylander.  And from the articles i've read, Marner and the Leafs are so far apart, that the Leafs are hoping for an offer sheet to see where they are.  The bad thing is, there aren't many teams that could give him a big offer sheet.  

Lightning should get interesting.  But they have some mid cap players that they could move.  

I think Vegas will eventually find a taker for Stastny. Maybe get a draft pick for Gusev as well 

I can’t see Toronto not trading Nylander, either. Maybe Ceci as well. Outside chance it’s Marner that goes. How many $11 million forwards can you keep?

I don’t think it matters what Tampa does. They’ll win another President’s Cup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...