Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

Now that they traded for Kadri the Avs forward lines look pretty good. And for comparison sake, MacKinnon and Kadri are both signed 3 more years for less combined than either Matthews or Tavares are making and just more than half of McDavid and Draisaitl combined. Kadri isn't quite what those other 2Cs are but I'll take it

Barrie was always maddening to me with how bad he could be in his own end but Toronto is going to like him QBing a PP with all those big guns.

Lee must have really wanted to stay with the Islanders because I'd be shocked if there wasn't a team out there willing to give him more that $7 mil per

Are the Sharks going to re-sign both Marleau and Thornton and pretend it's 2009?

Edited by arch stanton

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Now that they traded for Kadri the Avs forward lines look pretty good. And for comparison sake, MacKinnon and Kadri are both signed 3 more years for less combined than either Matthews or Tavares are making and just more than half of McDavid and Draisaitl combined. Kadri isn't quite what those other 2Cs are but I'll take it

Barrie was always maddening to me with how bad he could be in his own end but Toronto is going to like him QBing a PP with all those big guns.

Lee must have really wanted to stay with the Islanders because I'd be shocked if there wasn't a team out there willing to give him more that $7 mil per

Are the Sharks going to re-sign both Marleau and Thornton and pretend it's 2009?

The Avs are the darkhorse candidate to win it all in 2020. Adding Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi, Makar & Byram while only losing Barrie & some Soda Pop (Soderberg) is very nice.

They lost Barrie little & gained alot.

I believe Byram can go straight to the NHL and i expect him to become eventually Doughty like.

Umm.  WTF?  Do they charge tickets based on income?  And if they do, don't tell Calolfornia.

Sabres' Rasmus Ristolainen reportedly fined $135,000 for speeding in Finland

Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen has been fined $135,000 and faces a three-month suspended license for speeding in Finland, according to a report from Finnish news outlet Ilta-Sanomat.

Ristolainen was driving 50 mph in a 25 mph zone in his Mercedes-Benz G 500 SVU in Turku on May 3, the report said. 

So Vegas has RFA rights on Nikita Gusev. He's a 26 yr old LW who put up 82 points in 62 KHL games. Smaller guy built like Panarin. Would it be worth eating a portion of Clarkson's LTIR plus giving this guy around 4 mil in hopes he's at least a middle 6 winger?

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So Vegas has RFA rights on Nikita Gusev. He's a 26 yr old LW who put up 82 points in 62 KHL games. Smaller guy built like Panarin. Would it be worth eating a portion of Clarkson's LTIR plus giving this guy around 4 mil in hopes he's at least a middle 6 winger?

Ducks could use a second line winger.  And this guy is intriguing.  I guess it all comes down to cost for bargain Bob.

Rumor is, there is a team that is going to offer sheet Marner.  Rumors point to the Islanders.  Which makes sense, since they have pretty much been skunked in free agency and may think now is the time.  Looking at their roster, you have a majority signed for the next 3 years.  I also think the offer won't be max, but a 5/$10.5ish area.  That would put him in the top 10 in pay still.  Not as much as Matthews or McDavid.  But in the categories with a lot of FA's.  The compensation would be 2 firsts, a second and a third.  Which I think a team would be willing to do, rather than 4 firsts.  

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I just don't see any way that the Leafs sign Marner without trading Nylander

Agreed.  Or, dare I say it.  Matthews.  Matthews is really good.  But is 69 pts, 63 pts, 73 pts really worth $11.6 million for the next 5 seasons.  The $11.6 million being the third largest cap hit in the league.  In comparison, Nylander is 13, 61, 61, 27 points with the first and last very short seasons for $6.9 million.  And of course Marner at 61, 69, and 94 points.

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Do they see Nylander as a center? If not I can't imagine trading Mattheews

Oddly, on Hockey Reference, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are listed as centers.

On CBS depth chart, they list Tavares, Matthews, and Nylander as the centers.

Edited by gotbeer

On 7/6/2019 at 11:23 PM, arch stanton said:

NHL Rumors: Vegas Golden Knights – Nikita Gusev – Trade Him Or Someone Else?

I'd take a chance on him for a 2nd and lower tier prospect.

That's actually a really good signing for the Canucks.  Ferland has been right around 40 points with an ATOI of about 15 minutes the last 2 seasons.  On top of that, he's posted Corsi and Fenwicks on the right side of 50.