Jump to content

General NHL Talk 2019-2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Ducks, the owners already stepped up and are paying the arena employees through June.  And not just for the Pond.  They are paying the people at the AHL arena, the two ice rinks, and JT Schmid

He might have a point but what kind of dumbass goes on a broadcast talking about threesomes with colleagues? They either face a lawsuit from her or fire him. He's not popular enough to win that battle

So, how long till San Jose regrets this contract?   Erik Karlsson, Sharks Agree on 8-Year Contract Reportedly Worth More Than $88M I say 2 years.  Karlsson seems to not be able to stay healt

Posted Images

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Did you see the photo of Bettman handing the Conn Smythe to Hedman? Seeing the shriveled little Jewish man hand the trophy to the 6'6" Swede on skates just looks comical

yeah, that was funny. bettman looked like a little kid.

on the plus side, it's probably the first (and maybe only) time he's presented the Cup without a rousing shower of boos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to close out this thread with a little praise for the champs. Tampa deserves a lot of credit for building this team from within. Granted, they got Stamkos and Hedman in back-to-back years with a 1st and 2nd overall but their top line through the playoffs was a 2nd rounder (Kucherov), and 3rd rounder (Point), and a 7th rounder (Palat), all drafted and developed in-house. I guess in a few years we'll see how much of that magic belonged to Stevie Y

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I just want to close out this thread with a little praise for the champs. Tampa deserves a lot of credit for building this team from within. Granted, they got Stamkos and Hedman in back-to-back years with a 1st and 2nd overall but their top line through the playoffs was a 2nd rounder (Kucherov), and 3rd rounder (Point), and a 7th rounder (Palat), all drafted and developed in-house. I guess in a few years we'll see how much of that magic belonged to Stevie Y

How the Lightning Got One of the Greatest Draft Steals of All-Time

I don't know if I posted this before.  But it's an interesting read if you are interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

How the Lightning Got One of the Greatest Draft Steals of All-Time

I don't know if I posted this before.  But it's an interesting read if you are interested.

That’s why they’re at the top of the league every year. Above all other sports you see hockey superstars become execs. When Steve Yzerman tells you what it takes to be a center in the NHL you listen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

That’s why they’re at the top of the league every year. Above all other sports you see hockey superstars become execs. When Steve Yzerman tells you what it takes to be a center in the NHL you listen 

Umm... what about the superstar execs in Edmonton.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...