• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

gotbeer

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Did you see the photo of Bettman handing the Conn Smythe to Hedman? Seeing the shriveled little Jewish man hand the trophy to the 6'6" Swede on skates just looks comical

yeah, that was funny. bettman looked like a little kid.

on the plus side, it's probably the first (and maybe only) time he's presented the Cup without a rousing shower of boos.

I just want to close out this thread with a little praise for the champs. Tampa deserves a lot of credit for building this team from within. Granted, they got Stamkos and Hedman in back-to-back years with a 1st and 2nd overall but their top line through the playoffs was a 2nd rounder (Kucherov), and 3rd rounder (Point), and a 7th rounder (Palat), all drafted and developed in-house. I guess in a few years we'll see how much of that magic belonged to Stevie Y

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I just want to close out this thread with a little praise for the champs. Tampa deserves a lot of credit for building this team from within. Granted, they got Stamkos and Hedman in back-to-back years with a 1st and 2nd overall but their top line through the playoffs was a 2nd rounder (Kucherov), and 3rd rounder (Point), and a 7th rounder (Palat), all drafted and developed in-house. I guess in a few years we'll see how much of that magic belonged to Stevie Y

How the Lightning Got One of the Greatest Draft Steals of All-Time

I don't know if I posted this before.  But it's an interesting read if you are interested.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

How the Lightning Got One of the Greatest Draft Steals of All-Time

I don't know if I posted this before.  But it's an interesting read if you are interested.

That’s why they’re at the top of the league every year. Above all other sports you see hockey superstars become execs. When Steve Yzerman tells you what it takes to be a center in the NHL you listen 

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

That’s why they’re at the top of the league every year. Above all other sports you see hockey superstars become execs. When Steve Yzerman tells you what it takes to be a center in the NHL you listen 

Umm... what about the superstar execs in Edmonton.