• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

gotbeer

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

avs-stars series tied at 3. avs are using a third-string goalie named hutchinson due to injuries.

go avs!

Also missing Calvert and EJ which makes the PK a disaster and now might lose Timmins and possibly Landeskog. As long as there's MacKinnon and Makar they have a shot

The Golden Knights are on to the division finals, after blowing a 3-1 series lead to Vancouver. The first goal of the game was scored by Shea Theodore about six minutes before the end of regulation. Two empty-net goals led to the 3-0 final. The Dallas Stars await - ironically, the club that I followed before we got our own team, and the first team that the Golden Knights ever beat.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

18 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The Stars had to go to overtime in game 7 to beat the Avalanche with a 3rd string goalie, missing a top 4 D and one F from each line. They should be no match for Vegas. I think whoever wins the West is just fodder for Tampa anyway

You could be right. Boston had Tampa Bay down, and I was hoping that they would finish them off.

17 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think this schedule has them a little bit gassed. And they really need some contribution from the bottom 6

I wondered about that. They don't seem as quick as they usually are. It didn't help that they had to play the opener of the conference final the day after a hard fought game 7 against Vancouver. Goaltending has overall been very good, but when you get shut out, that doesn't matter much.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah I don't know what this is about but this is 2 series in a row where Dallas gets mostly outplayed but keeps winning. I guess in this series it's Khudoben? Has he been that good?

the more you post about the stars not being able to win, the more they keep winning.

is this some kind of reverse psychology deal you've got going on?

4 hours ago, Tank said:

the more you post about the stars not being able to win, the more they keep winning.

is this some kind of reverse psychology deal you've got going on?

Not about them not winning but winning in spite of being majorly outplayed. The Avalanche had the excuse of losing a game 7 OT with the 3rd goalie in a series that was a race to 5 goals in all but one game. I don’t know what happened to Vegas’ offense. They’re killing in shots on goal and scoring chances but can’t seem to score 

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Not about them not winning but winning in spite of being majorly outplayed. The Avalanche had the excuse of losing a game 7 OT with the 3rd goalie in a series that was a race to 5 goals in all but one game. I don’t know what happened to Vegas’ offense. They’re killing in shots on goal and scoring chances but can’t seem to score 

And it's not like they are just taking wild shots to spray the goalie and hoping that something goes through.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, arch stanton said:

I still can’t figure out how Dallas got this far. Even without Stamkos the Lighting should be too much for them. Unless Khudoben can steal one this series should go quick 

The Knights have been scrutinized for taking too many long shots against Khudoben, giving him an extended look at any shots headed his way.

Well they were the best team last season and choked it away. After a bit of a slow start they were the best team again and finally put it all together even with Point playing injured and Stamkos only playing a few shifts in one game. Congrats to Tampa. At least it wasn’t Dallas or Boston. 

Draft coming soon.....