• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2019-2020

gotbeer

I don’t know if anyone has been watching but it’s great so far. Each team is using their own goal buzzer and the event staff even threw hats on the ice after McDavid scored his third goal. 
Kadri scored the game winner against St Louis with .037 on the clock. It was almost 4 AM here and I think I woke my neighbors 

Looking forward to watching the Rangers be the first team swept out of the play-in 

Yes the Rangers. NYC deserved it. It will be exciting to watch that team in the playoffs next year. If Laf has a calder season and if Kakko breaks out that could be a really incredible top 9 forward group.

Rangers were 5th in goals for in the regular season. Now they should be 3rd next season with Chytil and Kakko making steps forward and Lafrienere being added.

The Wild and Florida would still miss the playoffs next season and will continue to be run by terrible GMs, no reason for the NHL to bailout the Wild/Panthers incompetence & doom Lafrienere to be stuck in mediocrity his whole career.

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So let's travel back a few years. Back in 2016 did any of you Kings or Ducks fans ever envision that Alec Martinez and Shea Theodore would form the top pair for the #1 seed in the West while both the Ducks and Kings were in the lottery?

For the Ducks, the Shea Theodore trade will probably go down as one of the worst moves Murray made.  Even when it happened, Ducks fans weren't happy at all.  All they had to do was ask Bieska to waive his NMC for the draft, and trade Vatanen for Henrique before instead of after the draft.

I can't wait to see the next stupid expansion draft move Murray does.  going to the Ducks thread, that rumored trade for Lindholm also works for draft purposes.  

On 8/19/2020 at 7:19 AM, gotbeer said:

For the Ducks, the Shea Theodore trade will probably go down as one of the worst moves Murray made.  Even when it happened, Ducks fans weren't happy at all.  All they had to do was ask Bieska to waive his NMC for the draft, and trade Vatanen for Henrique before instead of after the draft.

I can't wait to see the next stupid expansion draft move Murray does.  going to the Ducks thread, that rumored trade for Lindholm also works for draft purposes.  

I remember it being a little deeper.

The worst move Bob made was bringing back Randy. This, among other problems, led to Theodore not being valued as a player. Randy wasn't going to put the time and effort towards developing him. If you keep Randy, you had to move Theodore.

Bad decisions leading to more bad decisions.

Bob should be gone. 

Moving on to another topic.

After watching Vancouver in the playoffs, does anyone else think Seattle better get Krackin? It's not like Vegas where the town never had a consensus favorite. Vancouver could be a solid SC competitor for the next few years. Are fans going to be willing to switch if Seattle stumbles?

If the Kings had been more like the Lakers in the 90's, would the Ducks be more like the Clippers?

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Moving on to another topic.

After watching Vancouver in the playoffs, does anyone else think Seattle better get Krackin? It's not like Vegas where the town never had a consensus favorite. Vancouver could be a solid SC competitor for the next few years. Are fans going to be willing to switch if Seattle stumbles?

If the Kings had been more like the Lakers in the 90's, would the Ducks be more like the Clippers?

I think Seattle is going to be in trouble if they think they can replicate Vegas.  You had some foolish GM's in regards to the draft, cough Bob.  If they fall for it again, then fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, and you be fired. 

One thing that is going for the other teams, in a way.  Flat cap.  So you are going to see a lot of vets exposed and it will more help than hinder teams if those players are picked up. 

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I think Seattle is going to be in trouble if they think they can replicate Vegas. 

Unfortunately for them, that is where the bar has been set, and some people will believe that it should be very possible.

The Knights had a lot of good fortune, some of it luck, some of it circumstance, some the result of excellent scouting and evaluation. None of the players that they took in the expansion draft were expected to be difference makers. Going into the season, I was expecting maybe 25 wins tops. They had just the right head coach for the situation, and the GM made some astute acquisitions. William Karlsson had a season that his history would have told you that he was incapable of. Jonathan Marchessault, who played for Gerard Galant with the Florida Panthers, found a home after bouncing around the league for several years. He was the first player that the team signed to an extension.  Marc-Andre Fleury was past his prime to be sure, but he wasn't nearly as washed up as the Penguins believed that he was when they bribed the Knights with draft picks to take him in the expansion draft. Every player in camp took it as a personal affront that their teams left them open to the expansion draft, and they referred to themselves collectively as the Golden Misfits. That motivation carried them to an unprecedented start, and the momentum carried them all the way to the Stanley Cup Final. It was a combination of factors that is not likely to ever be replicated.

There was also the bonding of the team with the community with a season that began not long after the 1 October mass shooting on the Strip. The team retired #58, to memorialize the number of victims. The original opening ceremony was replaced with a memorial to the victims, in which all of the names were read, and when each of the players was introduced for the first time, he was accompanied by a local first responder. The crowd was addressed by defenseman Derek Engelland, the closest that we had to a local player on the team. He played here with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL, he met his wife here, his child was born here and he made his off-season home here.

From this end, it was quite a ride. I have a wall plaque showing the home ice before the first game of the final, with the unlikely juxtaposition of Inaugural Season and Stanley Cup Final on the same ice, with lights on the ice that proclaim Welcome to Impossible.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

None of the players that they took in the expansion draft were expected to be difference makers.

Except for Shea Theodore.  If I remember right, back then, Mcphee said he was the best player the Knights got in the expansion draft.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Except for Shea Theodore.  If I remember right, back then, Mcphee said he was the best player the Knights got in the expansion draft.

Theodore rapidly established himself here, exactly why he was signed to a seven-year deal in fall 2018.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...