• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would the Halos have to do......

to renew your faith in them making the playoffs?

to justify them making a trade to improve the team this year?

Be at .500 by the All Star Break. That's about 40 games away. If they can't at least go 25-15 from here on out..(which would leave them at 43-42) then they aren't going to make a run.

I don't want us trading any more prospects wherever we are by the All Star break.

DFA Blanton or put him on the DL with a mystery injury. Getting Madson back to give the bullpen a legit arm to pair with Frieri. Weaver being his normal self. Hamilton building this current momentum and finishing with good enough numbers (.780-.800 OPS would be sufficient based on his start). Pujols either finding a way to produce big numbers around his plantar or taking a DL stint to let it rest for a bit so he can produce like last year. 

Just a few things that would help this team make a playoff push. 

It's been a lot of fun again watching this team the last few days, but I think they dug way too big of a hole again to have a shot at the playoffs. No way would I make a trade of any decent minor leaguers to try and salvage this season. They thought this group was good enough to get there before the season, let's find out.

Great thread Doc, i was thinking the exact same thing this evening....at what point can I start to get emotionally invested again. I concluded they need to win 7 or 8 in a row. Once they get to a few games of .500, there is hope. And if they could somehow be a few games over .500 by the ASB, I'd be all in.

My stance is still the same as it was before the season started. You want to trade the expendables (Bourjos amd possibly Trumbo if the right deal presents itself) for starting pitching. Not a trade for the rest of the season--a trade for the rest of the way and 2+ seasons from now. Even if they don't make the playoffs this season, give them a head start on building chemistry and forming an identity for the next season. The point is to have a solid foundation, add stop gaps in FA, and try to have as little roster turnover from year to year as possible.

I have a hard time considering Trumbo expendable.  Especially considering that Pujols and Hamilton may continue to struggle, Trumbo ends up being our only true middle of the order bat moving forward.  Proven one anyway.  Maybe Cron ends up there.  Maybe you move trout down.  Maybe. 

Getting a legit controllable starter for Bourjos is gonna be tough though.  If you could, I'd be fine with it, but not until the offseason. 

Cron has very little trade value.

0 reason to trade prospects unless we are less than 3 games back of Texas by the end if July.

Quite honestly we probably wouldn't have any prospects left if we made a big acquisition this summer, leaving the team with perhaps the worst farm system in MLB history.