• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Long Beach plans to woo Angels, and arena might be demolished

58 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I am jealous. I have never been to Chicago. I'll be going to Chicago for the first time in 8 days. A work retreat just happened to be scheduled there next weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to catch a game. 

then why even go? 

just read the LA Times story regarding the Long Beach Arena.

I say - Halos - GO FOR IT.

Long Beach Arena can be bulldozed.

New park in Long Beach would be great.  A seaside stadium like SF - perfect.

will need to upgrade train service to park.  It's nice now that Amtrak station is right at the ballpark.

10 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Don't get me wrong, Wrigleyville is great, the fans are great, the history is great, the ivy is beautiful. But the stadium is falling apart, and getting concessions is a nightmare, and the seating isn't exactly comfortable. 

Angels Sing doesn't have the charm, the neighborhood, the fans, nor the ivy. When that stadium gets as old as Wrigley will it be an enjoyable experience?

Honestly, and im gonna get shit thrown at me for saying this, but I think wrigley is overrated.

I had a hookup there and sat maybe 20 rows behind home plate. Great view. And the field is really nice.

That said, everything else sucked. Not enough bathrooms (sold out series when i went), i dont remember any standout food, etc etc.

I hate the sux with a passion, and LOVE fenway.

9 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

I find the current jersey was a boring attempt to blend into the league with just another red and white among many, when we had a perfectly fine UNIQUE periwinkle look.  Yes I'm an outlier but I liked the periwinkle, fight me irl.

Except when we went to red we were the only team in the AL to use it as their primary color, so no we weren’t attempting to blend into the league.