• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker has not been scored upon over his first two starts

Chuck

I wish Shoe nothing but success. He was one of my favorite pitchers during his time here. He was always solid when he was healthy. I'll never forget watching him get hit in the head with that line drive and how terrible it was. I also remember the first game he started when he came back and how amazed I was by his resilience. I was upset when Eppler let him walk with no offer. I think the organization owed him more. Just my opinion. I sincerely hope he continues to thrive and that he reaches his true potential. 

I wanted to see Shoemaker return, and expected him to rebound now that he had been able to address the injury he had. Disappointed that the Halos didn’t bring him back. 

Opting to let both him and Parker go sort of felt like they were just trying to clear up the roster a bit and allow more room for new guys in the org. Almost like moves for the sake of moves. 

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

As much as I hammered on Eppler for the signings of Cahill and Harvey, they have both been very good for us so far.

Pitching isn’t our problem so far. The gaping holes all over the field are the issue

The field doesn't really have any gaping holes.

That lineup though, that's another story...

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Referring to the fact that his injury wasn’t initially diagnosed, leading folks to label him as injury-prone.

As I told you guys many times, Shoemaker insists that all along he had one injury, that was actually pretty easy to fix once it was properly diagnosed. I never put him in the same injury prone bucket as some other guys. I was thinking the Angels might try to sign him early in the offseason to a below arb deal with incentives, as opposed to just letting him walk. 

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He would pitching against us here...

So another seven innings of shutout ball with seven more K’s? ?

I'm happy for him. I wish the team would have kept him. He’s a guy who can start and pitch out of the ‘pen as a team needs.

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Stratton is 5 years younger and doesn’t have the same injury baggage.  I have plenty of doubts about Stratton but bringing him on doesn’t bother me.  I also think it’s incorrect to view this through the lens of swapping Matt Shoemaker for Chris Stratton. 

I know we gave away Shoemaker.  He was cheap.  He could have been used in the Pen or as pitching depth.  If he gets injured...he is cheap.  I never understood the need to get rid of him.  You are right, it wasn't Stratton for Shoe.  Shoe was given away long before we needed Stratton.  But Stratton was needed because of Heany's injury.  I wish we would have kept Shoe and not needed Stratton.

The Angels know this guy, they know the injuries.  They obviously wanted to move on.  They knew he didn’t cost much. 

Its easy enough 2 starts into the season to imagine they massively fu*cked up.  I’m pretty confident that if the Angels believed Matt Shoemaker was going to be a reliable option for them they would have kept him around.  Could they have been wrong ? Sure.  But I’m not going to put any bets on Shoemaker staying healthy.  They didn’t and they know a shit load more about his situation they we do. 

On 4/3/2019 at 3:25 PM, Chuckster70 said:

14 IP, 0 ER, 15 K's. 

Good for him.

I think we should have given him a 1 year deal with an option at least. Career 3.88 ERA and can strike some guys out. 

Just needed to tender him a contract. He was projected to make about $4.3M or something close to that. Still surprised we cut loose on him, he was always a competitor. Spilled milk or something....