• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker has not been scored upon over his first two starts

Chuck

The guy barely pitched for like 2 years.  How long are the Angels supposed to hang on ?  And the injuries were weird ones.  Do we not have enough pitchers on the roster that are highly susceptible to long term injury ? Obviously didn’t make that much money, but there’s only so many guys you can put on the roster.  Why should the angels have trusted him to be healthy ? He’s like 33 or will be this year.  He doesn’t have the upside of Skaggs and Heaney.  

I sincerley am glad that he’s having some success.  I like Shoe a lot.  So I’ll root for him.  But I think the Angels did the right thing moving on.  The Angels have to get away from these ticking time bomb pitchers.  I can only speak for myself.  But I’m fuc*king sick of watching the Angels try and depend on guys who aren’t able to stay healthy.  I was done with Richards and I was done with Shoemaker and I’m about one more extended injury away from being done with Skaggs and Heaney. I don’t even care who’d replace them.  The Angels are never going to win with these guys that fall apart constantly on the roster.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The guy barely pitched for like 2 years.  How long are the Angels supposed to hang on ?  And the injuries were weird ones.  Do we not have enough pitchers on the roster that are highly susceptible to long term injury ? Obviously didn’t make that much money, but there’s only so many guys you can put on the roster.  Why should the angels have trusted him to be healthy ? He’s like 33 or will be this year.  He doesn’t have the upside of Skaggs and Heaney.  

I sincerley am glad that he’s having some success.  I like Shoe a lot.  So I’ll root for him.  But I think the Angels did the right thing moving on.  The Angels have to get away from these ticking time bomb pitchers.  I can only speak for myself.  But I’m fuc*king sick of watching the Angels try and depend on guys who aren’t able to stay healthy.  I was done with Richards and I was done with Shoemaker and I’m about one more extended injury away from being done with Skaggs and Heaney. I don’t even care who’d replace them.  The Angels are never going to win with these guys that fall apart constantly on the roster.  

Maybe we should have stayed on him because we dont have pitching depth.  He was cheap very good when healthy.  Who did we bring in instead of him?  Chris Stratton?  

24 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Maybe we should have stayed on him because we dont have pitching depth.  He was cheap very good when healthy.  Who did we bring in instead of him?  Chris Stratton?  

Stratton is 5 years younger and doesn’t have the same injury baggage.  I have plenty of doubts about Stratton but bringing him on doesn’t bother me.  I also think it’s incorrect to view this through the lens of swapping Matt Shoemaker for Chris Stratton.