• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F*ck these Facking losers

ScottT

1 minute ago, Mark68 said:

Buttrey, while a useful bullpen piece, didn't do anything to deepen our farm. Don't get me wrong, he's been a great addition, and maybe the other half of that deal (Jerez, who netted us Stratton) ends up working out. But to say that trading Harvey & Cahill will deepen our farm is a stretch. 

I'll be honest, if either one of them pitches well enough to be tradeable assets, I wouldn't mind seeing if they (especially Harvey) might be willing to sign an extension. As we've seen over the last half decade, you can never have too many arms.

If Eppler can get a major league ready bullpen arm for Ian Kinsler he could get a younger prospect with more upside or more raw tools that is in the lower minors for those guys at the deadline.  Think of what they did with Cron and Rengifo.  Something similar, but maybe even younger.  

51 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Teams are always looking for pitching and if Harvey/Cahill are doing well, there's gonna be contenders who will be looking for that rotation upgrade for the stretch run. Nobody is saying they'll land some elite, top 30 prospect in MLB type player, but they can definitely net something valuable.

haha, wow.

It's April 3rd, and we are looking to see what we can dump at the trade deadline.

Good times, Halo Honks.

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

?

1964-1979 The Angels never made it to the playoffs.....15 years...I miss counted.  However, my reference is that we have been through worse.  Fact is we have gone through five years without the playoffs. (0 wins is only used to give the impression that it is worse).   We have had worse streaks.  

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

1964-1979 The Angels never made it to the playoffs.....15 years...I miss counted.  However, my reference is that we have been through worse.  Fact is we have gone through five years without the playoffs. (0 wins is only used to give the impression that it is worse).   We have had worse streaks.  

18 years (1961-1978), and all the while never really having that good of a farm system

It was amazing that they won 86 games in 1962, as second year expansion teams in the 1960s and 1970s otherwise never got to even 70 wins, iirc. 

11 hours ago, Lou said:

they do this everywhere, including Fenway and Coma Stadium 

No kidding.

Ive been to almost every park in the union. Same as here, fans come and go based on hype. Fans leave early. Fans play on their phones.

162 games of 9 inning baseball is sort of a tough sell to keep people in a party mood.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

18 years (1961-1978), and all the while never really having that good of a farm system

It was amazing that they won 86 games in 1962, as second year expansion teams in the 1960s and 1970s otherwise never got to even 70 wins, iirc. 

My bad.  I thought Angel's first year was 64.  And was too lazy to check.