• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

I'm laughing with you.

Unless you've played it, it may not resonate. The 16th at Willowick (a short bendy/extreme dogleg left Par 4) is up against a barrio in Santa Ana. I hit the best hybrid of my life off the tee with a significant draw. My ball settled between two bunkers about 7 yards in front of the green. I made a 7 from there.

I'm laughing with you.

Unless you've played it, it may not resonate. The 16th at Willowick (a short bendy/extreme dogleg left Par 4) is up against a barrio in Santa Ana. I hit the best hybrid of my life off the tee with a significant draw. My ball settled between two bunkers about 7 yards in front of the green. I made a 7 from there.

Second shot ended up in the rough around the green, right?

At Simi, I had one of the most comical holes of my life.  When taking my tee shot, my front foot completely slipped out from under me and I fell on my back, never saw the drive but it actually went up the right side in the primary cut of rough on a pretty significant upslope, I had about 225 left to the hole, it was a par 5 just short of 500 yards with a dog leg to the left.  I hit a nearly perfect 4 iron from there that landed on a mound in the green and took a sharp bounce to the right.  Probably was 10 yards from the green in some thick rough.  From there I chunked a chip, blasted a chip over the green, hit a great chip within 4 feet and 3 putted.

To this day I still have no idea how I hit a 250 yard, fairly straight drive while falling on my ass.

My second shot squirted into the bunker. I scalded my third, way over the green. My fourth went back into the bunker. I got out an onto the green but 3-putted. 

Golf is so embarrassing

AV is now 18 holes.  I, too loved it when it was 27 holes.  It was a nice Nicklaus design.   The development now has condos around some of the holes, which I don't like.  The clubhouse is nice, but there is no driving  range.  The course is really nice and is in good shape. 

Great, one less place for the average guy to play.  I see they closed El Toro down too.  I actually enjoyed that course.  I think it was the best course for the money in OC.  Any word on the Great Park and if there will be any courses there?

What a joke that is.

Tank should be banned from posting in here with us hackers...

Just kidding; that's pretty amazing with the wind-up like that.  I always seem to "lay-up" short on long par-3's, afraid to hit the right long club.

I'm dying; haven't been able to play for three weeks because of a jacked-up work-schedule!! (not counting my rounds at Merion on World Golf Tour, of course).