• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

Callipe: 77

Tilden: 78

Legend Trail: 75 (Scottsdale course so a couple of you might have played it before during the Spring).

I didn't know we were subtracting 20 from our scores!  In that case I average 75-85.   :P

46 tonight at lake forest.  

I'm not sure if I'll go on a thursday night again, there was a really weird element out there.    I'm pretty sure the dude I was paired up with was on PCP.

Also, on the 5th hole par 4, there were about 8 guys backed up waiting to tee off, and there were these two kids on the tee box hitting about 10 balls each into the water.  WTF?????   I finally walked up to them and slapped a mofo......

5 always is backed up. It is an unwritten rule that you have to keep hitting from the tee until you get on the green so you can live the dream putting for eagle.

Par 3's, short par 4's and reachable par 5's are just death to public golf courses.

The random player still thinks he's tiger woods (from 10 years ago) and can hit any shot imaginable (despite the 150 yard drive).

I used to play LF in the mornings, after dropping kids off at school.  If I got there about 9, it would be wide-open and I could play a few balls.  I'd usually count the first-ball score, or just play one if I was really dialed-in.

The closest I've come to a hole-in-one was on #2... the ball hit about 6 inches left of the hole, then teased me by spinning around to 6 on the other side.  I have eagled #5 a couple of times (out of several hundred tee-shots).

It's funny about the back-ups and lack of etiquette on the course.  On the rare occasion that I see a Marshall on the course, they are just watching golf-shots instead of correcting behavior (slow-playing with multiple tee-shots, or driving carts near or ON the greens).  That's why I try not to play during rush-hours; especially weekends.

#5 is 207 yard par 4 right?  I live just down Cherry so I hit that range up quite a bit. Only played the course once though. I like par 3 courses, but not when more than half the holes require a 56 or 60 degree wedge off the tee. I'm probably gonna hit the range over there tomorrow.

#5 is 207 yard par 4 right?  I live just down Cherry so I hit that range up quite a bit. Only played the course once though. I like par 3 courses, but not when more than half the holes require a 56 or 60 degree wedge off the tee. I'm probably gonna hit the range over there tomorrow.

we have a par 3 by us and I just drop my ball way behind the tee box so I can at least hit a full PW

207 yard par 4???

I am not a very long hitter or anything but that's ridiculous.

I played Simi a couple weeks ago and shot just over 100.  Through the first 7 holes I was only like 5 over par but then we ran into a huge backup from three foursomes with an average age of about 80.  From there on it was 10-15 minutes wait between each shot.  My round fell apart.  Also took us nearly 6 hours to play 18.  Ridiculous for a course with hardly any water and really forgiving rough.

207 yard par 4???

I am not a very long hitter or anything but that's ridiculous.

I played Simi a couple weeks ago and shot just over 100.  Through the first 7 holes I was only like 5 over par but then we ran into a huge backup from three foursomes with an average age of about 80.  From there on it was 10-15 minutes wait between each shot.  My round fell apart.  Also took us nearly 6 hours to play 18.  Ridiculous for a course with hardly any water and really forgiving rough.

6 hours?  F that noise.  I thought Rancho San Joaquin and the dreaded 5 hour MUNI golf was bad.  I would have just started drinking

I have played Rancho San Joaquin twice and those are both probably the two worst golf experiences that I have ever had. 

One time me and my brother got matched with these guys that were doing drugs on the course (not sure what it was though).  The would always say, "Hey were going to tee off first and then go down behind the trees and watch where your balls lands".  They probably did that at least 3 times.  One guy also would always tell me that he would give me $50 if I hit his friend and I tagged him on a Par 5 when he drove ahead of us but his friend did not pay up.  Drugs mixed with beer and they were missing the ball by the end of the round on their swing.

The other time I played there it took over 6 hours to play.  I remember it was the day of the Ohio State vs. Miami national championship because we got home and the game was already in the second quarter.   

Played at Altadena once with my former associate pastor and three of his buddies. It's a nine hole course with some challenging holes. These guys were so excruciatingly slow to play with that after 90 minutes and only four holes, I faked a phone call from my wife and left. The price I paid for my deception was losing my 1995 PGA divot tool. Not by coincidence, it was also the last time I played golf with that pastor.

Played at Altadena once with my former associate pastor and three of his buddies. It's a nine hole course with some challenging holes. These guys were so excruciatingly slow to play with that after 90 minutes and only four holes, I faked a phone call from my wife and left. The price I paid for my deception was losing my 1995 PGA divot tool. Not by coincidence, it was also the last time I played golf with that pastor.

Eaton Canyon?  That course is awful anyway.  Rock hard greens and muddy fairways.

Don't remember the yardage, but I can usually get a 4-iron there.

I like LF because the short holes force you to play in-between your yardage.  You've gotta nuke your irons on some holes, and half it on the others.  The greens are usually pretty true tho.

Eaton Canyon?  That course is awful anyway.  Rock hard greens and muddy fairways.

I've played eaton canyon and didn't enjoy playing a course that was mostly dirt. But the course at Altadena is a different course than eaton canyon. It's a decent track that will challenge you.