• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

There's a Reckoning Coming

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

I don’t see a reckoning coming but I do see a team with a couple of glaring gaps that need to be fixed; one due to Upton’s injury and another due to, well, I actually don’t know what Eppler was thinking at 2B. 

Bourjos is fortunate to be on an MLB roster. Any MLB roster. He could have hidden on the bench as the 4th outfielder until Hermosillo was healthy but the injury to Upton forced him into an everyday role. He is not an everyday player. 

La Stella. La Stella? Really? He’s a lefty pinch hitter. He never should have been given the 2B job. It’s embarrassing. 

So, now, let’s see what Eppler is going to do, if anything. 

Outside of Trout/Upton/Ohtani/Simmons this roster is pretty much entirely filled out with the very definition of replacement level players, with maybe the exception of Harvey. At some point Eppler needs to show us something, because every year it's the same uninspired dumpster diving. He looks and acts like someone who should be a good GM but the product on the field hasn't gotten any better. We're all just twiddling our thumbs until 2021/2022 when all our prospects are supposed to magically turn into studs.  

1 hour ago, azmancini said:

Regarding LF.  Betcha the Dbacks would trade  Adam Jones for one or two low minor leaguers. It’s a win win. They are not going anywhere with the Dogs, Pads, Rockies in their division, they are only on the hook for one months salary and get to add to the farm just for signing him for a month, The Angels get a dude who can clearly still play at 33, has 2 more dingers this year than any Angels and is cheap- 3MM. Also, if Calhoun tanks, he could take over RF when Upton gets back in 3 months. Rather have Jones in there than ANY of the current stiffs. I’m sure Trout would likely agree.

The thing about low minor leaguers is they tend to become high minor leaguers and then major leaguers. And what message would ownership be sending to its fans if they sign someone that figures prominently into their plans and is an immediate fan favorite only to swap him a couple weeks later for low minor leaguers?

That's not going to happen.  I'm sure the Angels would love it if that were actually a thing, but that fails to consider another team's situation at all.

2 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Outside of Trout/Upton/Ohtani/Simmons this roster is pretty much entirely filled out with the very definition of replacement level players, with maybe the exception of Harvey. At some point Eppler needs to show us something, because every year it's the same uninspired dumpster diving. He looks and acts like someone who should be a good GM but the product on the field hasn't gotten any better. We're all just twiddling our thumbs until 2021/2022 when all our prospects are supposed to magically turn into studs.  

You’re misinformed about how bad off the Angels were when Eppler got here. I would love to hear what you think he should have done differently without blowing up the prospect capital he has built or killing the budget on aging free agents. 

On 3/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, instant karma said:

My humble observations after the first 3 games are as follows:

• Sooner than later, the angels will part ways with Zach Cozart.  You just can't have a third baseman who produces no power and hits below the Mendoza line.  My hunch is if Cozart contnues not to  produce, he'll be released by the end of April and the team will go with another option.  Maybe Rojas as has been suggested.
  • Peter Bourjos:  Same as above.  we can't have  a left fielder who hits below 200.
  • Felix Pena:  I love his stuff, but I've noticed over almost every start I've seen that he is dominant as long as no one gets on base.  The moment he walks someone or someone gets a hit, he becomes a different pitcher.    He implodes.  I don't know if he just cannot pitch out of the stretch or if he loses confidence or if he starts to grip the ball tighter, but it's a pattern.

That said, I have confidence will Angels will contend this season,

I welcome your opinions.

I Reckon that’s  it’s gonna be a long season ???‍♂️