• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which prospect do you think. . .

Dtwncbad

I think most fans believe the top 2 Angel prospects Adell and Canning are headed for nice careers.

Past those two (looking at offensive players only) which of the next five top Angel prospects do you have the most confidence in and the least confidence in?  Why?

Marsh, Jones, Adams, Renigfo, Thaiss

Count me a Rengifo believer. Will he be the best of the 5? Not sure. He is the most needed as soon as yesterday, though. I suspect by the ASB he could be up for good and quickly end up the leadoff guy, pushing Kole to batting 5th, behind Upton and in front of Pujols. Don't love Simmons batting 7th, but it's where I suspect it'd end up. 

1 minute ago, NrM said:

what happened to ward. I remember him lighting up AAA. How is he not better than the options we have right now in the majors?

Because he’s not ready with the glove.  I actually liked him with the bat despite the results.  He seemed to strike out looking too much but it seemed like he was trying to work the count. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because he’s not ready with the glove.  I actually liked him with the bat despite the results.  He seemed to strike out looking too much but it seemed like he was trying to work the count. 

Because he was not ready with the glove?  You can't be serious, are you?

His strikeout percentage last year in the majors was higher than his slugging percentage.

And in the spring he had 2 walks and 16 strikeouts.

If you want to say Ward isn't ready, I would agree.  But saying he isn't in the majors because his glove isnt ready seems very peculiar to me.

If he had hit, he would be on the roster.

Edited by Dtwncbad

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Because he was not ready with the glove?  You can't be serious, are you?

His strikeout percentage last year in the majors was higher than his slugging percentage.

And in the spring he had 2 walks and 16 strikeouts.

If you want to say Ward isn't ready, I would agree.  But saying he isn't in the majors because his glove isnt ready seems very peculiar to me.

If he had hit, he would be on the roster.

Ok.  And he isn’t ready with the glove. 

Rengifo, feels to be one of those guys that will quietly put up soild number each year.

Marsh, 5 tool prospect with a good eye. now all that waits is the hit tool and power, if both click he could be on the fast track

Sandoval, allot to like about, curve looks like it has improved future, change was already know to show improvement. all that's left his his development.

I would like to see Rengifo @ 2b, leading off.  And put Fletcher @ 3b, batting 2nd. Then Trout, Ohtani,Calhoun, Upton, Bour /Pooholes, Simmons, and catcher.  I like the speed and ability to steal from Rengifo and Fletcher. Should give Trout and Ohtani a chance to drive in more runs. Not to mention better defense.

Rengifo should end up being a pretty decent starting 2B and leadoff hitter.

Matt Thaiss looks to me like a starting 1B.

Jeremiah Jackson looks like he will be an athletic power and speed combo at 2B or 3B. Too early to know if he will develop into something starting caliber but the potential is there. 

Jordyn Adams is going to be a star OF.

Kevin Maitan is going to be an intriguing power option somewhere. 

Jahmai Jones really impressed scouts in the AFL. If that continues you have to figure he'll get a shot because the pay out from his upside is huge. 

Chris Rodriguez and Jose Soriano are both legitimate prospects for a reason. 

Most confident - Rengifo and Marsh

Less confident but still optimistic - Thaiss, Walsh, Suarez, Ward, Jones, Sandoval, Jack Kruger

Too early to tell but optimistic - Maitan, Adams, Soto, Jackson, Knowles, Deveaux, Soriano, Rodriguez, Aquino, Yan, Swanda, English

Could be good but probably won't yet still on the radar and very curious to watch - Rojas, Meyer, Pena, Beasley, Orlando Martinez, Nonie Williams, Leon Rivas, Tim Millard

17 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Less confident but still optimistic - Thaiss, Walsh, Suarez, Ward, Jones, Sandoval, Jack Kruger

Too early to tell but optimistic - Maitan, Adams, Soto, Jackson, Knowles, Deveaux, Soriano, Rodriguez, Aquino, Yan, Swanda, English

Could be good but probably won't yet still on the radar and very curious to watch - Rojas, Meyer, Pena, Beasley, Orlando Martinez, Nonie Williams, Leon Rivas, Tim Millard

I'm optimistic that you're optimistic about Maitan. If I didn't know better I'd think you were just a prospect homer, but you've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt, at bare minimum! This is where I appreciate that I'm a stats guy, I know the sport isn't math, but I am, so appreciative when I get reminded of that by those with an eye for talent like you. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, 101halo said:

I'm optimistic that you're optimistic about Maitan. If I didn't know better I'd think you were just a prospect homer, but you've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt, at bare minimum! This is where I appreciate that I'm a stats guy, I know the sport isn't math, but I am, so appreciative when I get reminded of that by those with an eye for talent like you. Thanks! 

he had moments last year where he looked totally bored and disinterested.  Then he'd have others where he was clearly the most talented player on the field.  

One think we need to continue to remind people of is his age.  He turned 19 in February.  He's younger than Jordyn Adams.   Putting him in the middle of the diamond needs to stop though.  He's a butcher at SS.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

he had moments last year where he looked totally bored and disinterested.  Then he'd have others where he was clearly the most talented player on the field.  

One think we need to continue to remind people of is his age.  He turned 19 in February.  He's younger than Jordyn Adams.   Putting him in the middle of the diamond needs to stop though.  He's a butcher at SS.  

What position would you put him at, 2nd or 3rd? Totally fair on the age, you and others keep reminding us on that point and I keep forgetting the point. 

Just now, 101halo said:

What position would you put him at, 2nd or 3rd? Totally fair on the age, you and others keep reminding us on that point and I keep forgetting the point. 

3b for now although he's probably not long for a move to 1b.  He was a little better at 3b than SS last year but still not very good.  

The big question will be whether he can play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and to have that motivate him.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

3b for now although he's probably not long for a move to 1b.  He was a little better at 3b than SS last year but still not very good.  

The big question will be whether he can play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and to have that motivate him.  

Got it, thanks. 

That puts a lot of pressure on the bat, then. Also makes me wonder if the "not quite best outcome" ends up being significant piece in a trade. Between odds that Upton will need to move there sooner than later and milb other options, gut tells me the position is covered for the next 4 years or so. 

Of course, have to remember your comment on his age, so maybe that fits his timeline, guess we'll see. 

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

no love for Morgan Costello or Rodrigo Parmenter?