• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm feeling optimistic

I know: 18-27. But hey, they were 15-27 three days ago. I just....feel it. I think the Angels are going to start winning a lot of ball games, even most of them. Something "clicked" for them last night. I could be wrong, but that's what my gut says.

With 10 games left in the month they're not going to make it to .500 before June (unless they win all 10). But look at who they're playing: 1 more against the Mariners, 4 against the Royals, 4 against the Dodgers, and 1 against the Astros, with their first five games in June being 3 against the Astros and 2 against the Cubs. I think they could very easily go 7-3 in the last 10 games of May ending the Month at 25-30, which gives them a good chance of being at .500 by the mid-June and back in contention around the All-Star Break.

This season isn't over, folks. For me the next 15 games against soft teams will be key. They need to win at least 10 of them to prove that they're legit.

I have a feelin'!!!!

I know: 18-27. But I just....feel it. I think the Angels are going to start winning a lot of ball games, even most of them. Something "clicked" for them last night. I could be wrong, but that's what my gut says.

With 10 games left in the month they're not going to make it to .500 before June. But look at who they're playing 1 more against the Mariners, 4 against the Royals, 4 against the Dodgers, and 1 against the Astros, with their first five games in June being 3 against the Astros and 2 against the Cubs. I think they could very easily go 7-3 in the last 10 games of May ending the Month at 25-30, which gives them a good chance of being at .500 by the mid-June and back in contention around the All-Star Break.

This season isn't over, folks. For me the next 15 games against soft teams will be key. They need to win at least 10 of them to prove that they're legit.

I have a feelin'!!!!

I think whiskey is what you're feeling.

I know: 18-27. But hey, they were 15-27 three days ago. I just....feel it. I think the Angels are going to start winning a lot of ball games, even most of them. Something "clicked" for them last night. I could be wrong, but that's what my gut says.

With 10 games left in the month they're not going to make it to .500 before June (unless they win all 10). But look at who they're playing: 1 more against the Mariners, 4 against the Royals, 4 against the Dodgers, and 1 against the Astros, with their first five games in June being 3 against the Astros and 2 against the Cubs. I think they could very easily go 7-3 in the last 10 games of May ending the Month at 25-30, which gives them a good chance of being at .500 by the mid-June and back in contention around the All-Star Break.

I have a feelin'!!!!

I have a feelin that Royalswin.com and Dodgerswin.com have posters that have a feelin about their teams' respective chances since they'll be playng the Angels.

Seriously, I think there is a rational reason to feel a little optimistic.

Rather than cite all the reasons (better defense lately, better pitching, Hamilton better patience at the plate, etc.) I'll just say that in the last week it seems like the players and the coaches finally realized Spring Training is over and the games count.

Last year they missed the playoffs.  So being only 3 back from where they were last year is horrific.

Oh I know.  But we did get close and if after this disastrous start we can get close again. .  well, let's just say I'll enjoy it more than fighting Houston and Miami for the worst record in baseball.

I hope so, but it's too soon to say that they're going to start playing better on a more consistent basis. They had two other three game winning streaks (one against a good Tigers team), but then went back to for the most part hitting and pitching poorly. This most current three game winning streak has come at home against two teams that aren't very good and two of the three starting pitchers they faced aren't good.

I went to last night's game, had an awesome time and Trout pint glasses were sick.  Last 2 games I have been to have been a combined Angels 22 opposition 0 (went to the 4/20 game vs. Detroit as the other game).  Maybe I should drive to the stadium now to catch the last 6 innings of todays game?

I hope so, but it's too soon to say that they're going to start playing better on a more consistent basis. They had two other three game winning streaks (one against a good Tigers team), but then went back to for the most part hitting and pitching poorly. This most current three game winning streak has come at home against two teams that aren't very good and two of the three starting pitchers they faced aren't good.

That's true, but they didn't look that great when they had those winning streaks. Each game was hard to watch. This past week, especially the past few days, the team has been playing much better. Better approaches at the plate, fewer errors, better pitching with the exception of Blanton. They look like they deserve to win these games. Before they were just getting lucky to get a win.

I think its a bit early to be too optimistic, but it does seem like they might at least be getting it together a bit.

I would love to feel the same way but what happens if we get killed tomorrow in KC? Then we start seeing all the negative threads again about how this series was a fluke. 

I think (assuming this game ends up a W, it ain't even close to being over yet) if they can win tomorrow, it shows they have turned the corner. If not, they're the same crappy team.