• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring back Scioscia

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I personally shake my head every time there is a “bring back” angle.

It is bring back Scioscia, or it is bring back Percival to be pitching coach, or bring back Erstad to manage, or bring back Wally Joyner to be the hitting coach.

Does anyone else feel like this would be nothing more than some super weird combination of professional laziness and misassigned useless emotional nostalgia?

Shut up you dummy. Go eat at del taco and get diarrhea 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I personally shake my head every time there is a “bring back” angle.

It is bring back Scioscia, or it is bring back Percival to be pitching coach, or bring back Erstad to manage, or bring back Wally Joyner to be the hitting coach.

Does anyone else feel like this would be nothing more than some super weird combination of professional laziness and misassigned useless emotional nostalgia?

Bring back Jeff DaVanon as bench coach.

1 hour ago, YouthofToday said:

We should bring back Mickey "Walks are a False Stat" Hatcher too.

Or his 1012 ancestor, Mickeus Hatcherus, who infamously stated, "Free passes by way of a quarter-ten consecutive un-strkes are a false strategem." He was later beheaded by his sons.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

He says he's not coming back, but grass definitely has not been greener in 19-22. Four previous seasons, they were 85-77, 74-88, 80-82, and 80-82. For a .492 winning percentage.

The four years they've had since, 72-90, 26-34, 77-85 and 39-53. That's .450. 

Number of 80+ win seasons under MS? 15/19. Zero since. (and not on pace for 80 in pandemic season, which would've counted).

Number of 80+ win seasons in other years? 16/43.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

I like the guy, but it’s time to let it go 

I doubt Nevin gets the job after this showing (12-24) even if he turns it all around, and knowing Moreno and Minasian's penchant for nostalgia, I wouldn't rule it out.

There are a lot of other candidates, but I'd expect the entire staff to be let go. Except maybe Ray Montgomery, who may also have a shot at the job.

The hottest names would be Girardi, Mattingly if he is let go, and Beltran/Espada likely won't be considered cuz of their possible ties to cheating.

The Rays Bench Coach Quartaro? is a possibility as is Kevin Long, the Phillies hitting coach.

But a Manager who knows how to use Analytics or get away from the three true outcomes is coming. 

I still feel Scioscia would have this team winning, with the team it has now. Hit and runs, moving people over, Not leading the league in strikeouts. 

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

I doubt Nevin gets the job after this showing (12-24) even if he turns it all around, and knowing Moreno and Minasian's penchant for nostalgia, I wouldn't rule it out.

There are a lot of other candidates, but I'd expect the entire staff to be let go. Except maybe Ray Montgomery, who may also have a shot at the job.

The hottest names would be Girardi, Mattingly if he is let go, and Beltran/Espada likely won't be considered cuz of their possible ties to cheating.

The Rays Bench Coach Quartaro? is a possibility as is Kevin Long, the Phillies hitting coach.

But a Manager who knows how to use Analytics or get away from the three true outcomes is coming. 

I still feel Scioscia would have this team winning, with the team it has now. Hit and runs, moving people over, Not leading the league in strikeouts. 

You should rule it out because Scioscia would never want to manage this team again, or any 

Just now, mmc said:

You should rule it out because Scioscia would never want to manage this team again, or any 

Agree to disagree my friend. I would say that if he manages it's either here, the Dodgers or Padres, or maybe Philadelphia. He's not going to do it for long and they should try to find the next Scioscia, but they could also go back and get the OG.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Agree to disagree my friend. I would say that if he manages it's either here, the Dodgers or Padres, or maybe Philadelphia. He's not going to do it for long and they should try to find the next Scioscia, but they could also go back and get the OG.