• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Opening Day Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (March 28th, 2019)

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Unlike Johnny, Fletcher can field his position.

I like Fletcher... I'm just NOT going to lose any sleep if he's not starting over La Stella... It's not like Fletcher is the second coming of Bobby Grich.

50 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That looks like the line up we all wanted.  What I mean is Albert is batting 5th even without Ohtani or Upton.  Fletcher as Tots mentioned in the other thread provides flexibility off the bench.  

Was just going to say that. Significant. New sheriff in town. Long live The Wizard of Ausmus. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't mind Fletcher coming off the bench.  If he starts showing signs of being able to take a walk then I would be more prone to caring if he was a starter.  

He provides more flexibility than La Stella. Neither one is an ideal everyday guy. As a platoon, they’re fine. 

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

Jhoulys Chacín is the ace for the national league favorites Brewers lol 

reminds me of when we had Rich Hill before he became a more than solid starter  

yep, how memorable it was, the Rich Hill era in Anaheim.  The era that saw him face four batters, allowing one hit and walking 3.  Such fond memories.  

51 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's looked like garbage this spring and it's not like he's been really good in his career with a 1.1 WAR. No power, no speed. 

Give me Fletcher all day long over this chump. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 11.10.15 AM.png

Let's be honest here....neither La Stella or Fletcher are good options as a starter. I'm fine with Ausmus playing it by matchup or platoon

57 minutes ago, True Grich said:

ST....

giphy.gif

ST... doesn't mean squat...

Fletcher is a utility guy... but he has the David Eckstein, Johnny Giavotella vibe that Angel fans love...

La Stella isn't a starter. I believe Fletcher is a better option at 2B than Stella, to which I will refer to him as going forward. 

11 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Let's be honest here....neither La Stella or Fletcher are good options as a starter. I'm fine with Ausmus playing it by matchup or platoon

Too early to say Fletcher isn't a good option for a starter. He proved he can hit at the major league level last season and he owned minor league pitching. 

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I missed Spring Training mostly, but why is La Stella playing over Fletcher?

left handed and better on base skills.  Plus Fletcher's real value is his versatility which is maximized by being able to use him later in the game at multiple positions or pinch hitting, running.  

Just now, Stradling said:

left handed and better on base skills.  Plus Fletcher's real value is his versatility which is maximized by being able to use him later in the game at multiple positions or pinch hitting, running.  

he doesn't lose his positional versatility by starting.  

La Stella is actually known to be a very good pinch hitter.  

Fletcher is obviously the superior runner.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

he doesn't lose his positional versatility by starting.  

La Stella is actually known to be a very good pinch hitter.  

Fletcher is obviously the superior runner.  

Just a better option. I hope Ausmus isn't one of those managers who needs a lefty-righty lineup or more lefthanded happy when penciling in the lineups. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Too early to say Fletcher isn't a good option for a starter. He proved he can hit at the major league level last season and he owned minor league pitching. 

I like Fletcher but I think his future is as a super utility bench player. There's just zero pop and minimal SB potential with him as an everyday player, so you are basically looking at a dude giving you an empty BA for 500+ AB's. With his contact ability, he's a good option as a PH all the while he can give you reps at 2B/3B/SS/OF to give the regulars a breather every week

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

I like Fletcher but I think his future is as a super utility bench player. There's just zero pop and minimal SB potential with him as an everyday player, so you are basically looking at a dude giving you an empty BA for 500+ AB's. With his contact ability, he's a good option as a PH all the while he can give you reps at 2B/3B/SS/OF to give the regulars a breather every week

This is exactly how I see him.  Totally useful player, one every team needs, but maybe not a starter.  Although I thought he had decent gap power in the minors.