• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can probably add Upton to the IL to start the season

Maybe...the Angels are going to spin an out-of-options reliever (Garcia/Robles/Noe/Bedrosian/Jennings) off to Arizona for Socrates Brito, who was placed on waivers. Brian Goodwin from KC is in a similar boat. 

Brito/Goodwin and Bourjos cover LF, Stratton takes the place of the traded reliever.

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, BadDog said:

Even before the toe injury, I was worried about JUp.  Knee tendinitis is no joke.  He had all off season to 'rest' it and comes into camp needing more rest.  How can a guy play every day after a couple weeks of resting his knee tendinitis?  @Dochalo maybe you can shed some light here but I have a bad feeling about this.  And now the toe?  Damn...

Is it similarly debilitating to what it can be for NFL RB's like Todd Gurley.   Although Gurley has arthritis, and not tendinitis. 

1 hour ago, malotru said:

Another fine example of why tending to the farm is better than signing aging FAs

This

With your own drafted players, you learn how their bodies hold up to the long season from the beginning, and how to best work with them.

How many FAs have worked out here, compared to how many flopped?

Since 1976-77 off-season, really only Baylor, Grich, Vlad, Spiezio, and maybe one or two others worked out longterm.    So many either flopped, or had one solid season amongst struggles.   And the list of solid contributors is very small from the 1980s on.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Maybe. I think Parker is hurting too? Parker or Puello both are without options and not on the 40, so you'll have to bump someone off, and then when Upton is back, you'll have to try and slip Bourjos or Parker/Puello back to AAA. Not sure it's worth taking that risk to our AAA depth, especially with Adell out, if Upton is only out for 10 days or so.

Could be Bourjos and Fletcher in LF in the short-term.

Haven’t seen Parker much in the recent lineups so maybe he is hurt....

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

Wouldn't it depend on how serious it is?  If it's a meniscus and a repair can get him back out in 6 weeks or so, you probably don't make a move....if it's a ligament, which could jeopardize his season, then you probably have to start looking.  Maybe a move like the Stratton trade?  Somebody out of options?

there is a meniscus tendon in the big toe?

Parker had an oblique injury toward the end of spring training, right before he got sent out. Since he’s been gone, I don’t know if he’s played. However, if he were healthy he still could have played in exhibitions (like Lund and Puello) so I suspect he’s not ready. 

If Upton is only going to be out a short time, my guess is Bourjos plays and Fletcher is the backup OF. If it’s longer, they probably need to bring up Puello or Lund, neither of whom is on the roster. 

Bourjos and Jennings are also not on the roster. They are currently at 39. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The irony here is cruel.

The players who we don't want to get injured, get injured. The players who could use a few weeks (or months) on the DL never get injured.

I think Nolasco was the only Angels SP to not spending time on the DL last season.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The players who we don't want to get injured, get injured. The players who could use a few weeks (or months) on the DL never get injured.

I think Nolasco was the only Angels SP to not spending time on the DL last season.

Perhaps because he wasn't with the Angels last year.

image.png.e2933df25abcb7206ad36197e78cfd82.png

10 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No, but old guys get hurt more easily, more often, and heal a lot less quickly.

So, the answer is No...   BTW -- males don't reach maximum bone density til their late 20s early 30s.   So this being "old" may have been the difference between a bruised toe or a broken foot.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Justin Upton is old?

Narratives man...