• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can probably add Upton to the IL to start the season

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

No bueno - I’m guessing Bourjos and Fletcher would hold down LF initially. 

Wouldn't it depend on how serious it is?  If it's a meniscus and a repair can get him back out in 6 weeks or so, you probably don't make a move....if it's a ligament, which could jeopardize his season, then you probably have to start looking.  Maybe a move like the Stratton trade?  Somebody out of options?

8 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Wouldn't it depend on how serious it is?  If it's a meniscus and a repair can get him back out in 6 weeks or so, you probably don't make a move....if it's a ligament, which could jeopardize his season, then you probably have to start looking.  Maybe a move like the Stratton trade?  Somebody out of options?

It's his big toe,not his knee.

Even before the toe injury, I was worried about JUp.  Knee tendinitis is no joke.  He had all off season to 'rest' it and comes into camp needing more rest.  How can a guy play every day after a couple weeks of resting his knee tendinitis?  @Dochalo maybe you can shed some light here but I have a bad feeling about this.  And now the toe?  Damn...

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

So does Petey B get the nod or do they go Parker and keep Borjesus all over the place as planned?

Assuming Upton goes to the DL, Parker makes the team...I guess we go from there, maybe a platoon...

The whole big toe thing is really much more significant than people think.   Reminds me of Salmon's Plantar Facitis, that shit is no joke... i hope this doesn't linger.   If he needs time, take it, get over it, let Parker and Borjous handle it for a couple weeks and come back when ready.

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Assuming Upton goes to the DL, Parker makes the team...I guess we go from there, maybe a platoon...

Maybe. I think Parker is hurting too? Parker or Puello both are without options and not on the 40, so you'll have to bump someone off, and then when Upton is back, you'll have to try and slip Bourjos or Parker/Puello back to AAA. Not sure it's worth taking that risk to our AAA depth, especially with Adell out, if Upton is only out for 10 days or so.

Could be Bourjos and Fletcher in LF in the short-term.