• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Press Conference

Mike just proved it wasn’t just because of the money. It was mainly the direction the team was going. 

If he was on Baltimore he would be gone so fast.

You have no idea how many people I’ve been having to convince that he didn’t just stay for the money 

6 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Mike just proved it wasn’t just because of the money. It was mainly the direction the team was going. 

If he was on Baltimore he would be gone so fast.

You have no idea how many people I’ve been having to convince that he didn’t just stay for the money 

lol

22 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The one thing I got from the press conference is that Billy Eppler is the MAN. Ohtani,Trout and the farm system all have his fingerprints on them. Seeing Mike Trout getting choked up about the Angels made me proud to be an Angel fan today.Great day.

Yup....  Hearing Mike Trout flat out say he made his decision in the last two years and specifically mention Billy as a core reason confirms a lot of things... 

In Billy we trust!

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Interesting comment: I'll paraphrase, "thinking about leaving in two years, and talking to people about if I were to leave, maybe I might end up regretting it a little"

I wonder if 'people' refers to Pujols.

I believe that 100%

Hunter and Weaver could have been a factor too, if even indirectly. 

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yup....  Hearing Mike Trout flat out say he made his decision in the last two years and specifically mention Billy as a core reason confirms a lot of things... 

In Billy we trust!

I couldn't watch live but dvr'd it. I think that was my favorite aspect. He didn't come across as being blindly loyal to the team. He wanted to stay, but wouldn't have if he didn't believe in the direction of the org.

Forget where I saw it (probably here quoting another news outlet), but stunned at how he called Eppler at midnight sometimes, talking about Adell or whomever in the minors had a good game. That's just not Facking normal for a historical great. Not Facking normal. Just like him. He's not normal. His press conference speech was godawful. It was clearly not rehearsed with a media coach. Not normal for a dude that's gonna make almost 600 million of the course of his career to stumble over words and be that humble and uncomfortable in the spotlight. Not Facking normal. Actually human. 

He's now our not Facking normal all time great real normal damn human being. Because normal isn't normal in professional sports. We get both and I couldn't feel more appreciative to get this kind of normal for 12 more years. 

I just wanted one facking time to get a facking exemption being this facking fack of a fack deserves our facking appreciation spoken in real facking terms. 

I've been facking for more than 4 hours, should I facking call a doctor? 

48 minutes ago, Lou said:

stopped reading at the 5th "facking" 

something tells me it could have been a very good post without it 

Forgot the autocorrect it does here. Was intentional and wish in this rare case it was allowed because I do feel strongly enough to have it be written that forcefully. I haven't contributed enough here (especially during the offseasons) to have that benefit of the doubt, if anyone deserves that mulligan. Noted, though, appreciate the relatively gentle critique, you could've gone a lot harsher on me! 

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

Anybody remember and can link where it was that Eppler was quoted as mentioning Trout calling/texting him about things he saw in our milb games or how he lobbied for us to draft Adell?

When I saw those two things, it made me appreciate him a ton more than I already did. 

And yes, this Fletch article is amazing. @Jeff Fletcher has been a voice of reason and fantastic resource throughout this, as always. If his bosses are reading, give the man a raise! 

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

Anybody remember and can link where it was that Eppler was quoted as mentioning Trout calling/texting him about things he saw in our milb games or how he lobbied for us to draft Adell?

When I saw those two things, it made me appreciate him a ton more than I already did. 

And yes, this Fletch article is amazing. @Jeff Fletcher has been a voice of reason and fantastic resource throughout this, as always. If his bosses are reading, give the man a raise! 

Eppler has talked about this several times, most recently about 3 days ago. 

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/21/angels-gm-billy-eppler-sensed-mike-trouts-commitment-to-angels-years-ago/

And thanks for reading, guys.