• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where were you when you found out?

23 hours ago, Tank said:

i wish i could have heard it first from my closest friend in sports journalism

lee 'hacksaw' hamilton.

Oddly, when the news broke, I was driving home from work listening to I believe 690.  (Back when sports radio was actually a real thing)  I don't remember the host, but they said we got Vlad Guerrero.  That was actually a bigger news thing for me because it was a much bigger surprise.

The Trout one was more of a really pleasant surprise, and I was fiddling on my phone going through emails, when every news and sports news app started sending me notifications.

I was in my car on my way home when I heard the news.  It was pretty emotional.  I thought about pulling over, but powered through.  The day Julio Ramirez made the opening day roster over Jeff DaVanon was rough.  March 29, 2003.   

I was on a business trip to Philly of all places and woke up to the news! The day before I had been getting grief from colleagues in Philly who were telling me it was just a matter of time before Trout was gone. As you can imagine I was glowing the rest of the week and gently rubbing it in their faces.