• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OF prospects not named Adell

Dtwncbad

39 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think Adell will be fine.  This is the glass half empty thought, but sometime being on the outside looking in can give young players an additional perspective about certain things.  

Marsh looked like he was focused on contact this spring.  I think that will serve him well.  The power will come

Knowles - I'm not ready to discount his potential in any way shape or form yet.  The k rate was scary but he was a 17 yo at Orem.  The youngest player in the league with more than 20 PA.  He's already got good pop and good discipline.  

Adams - biggest ceiling of anyone not Adell.  He could bust out this year but my guess is that it takes a couple more years 

Deveaux - they were clearly rebuilding him last year.  Also two years away before we see anything.  

One thing I would like to point out about our current system.  For almost a 5 year period we had no international prospects and only took high floor players in the draft.  We are so used to seeing guys that aren't far off from who they are ever going to be.  In other words, a lot of things can happen for these guys from age 17/18 to 22/23.  We shouldn't be to quick with our assumptions about any of them.  

That's why I'm hanging in there on Maitan. Expectations or no expectations, at the end of the day he's still a 19 year old switch hitting 3B with power and plate discipline that's heading into A Ball and is only getting stronger.

He wasn't that impressive at 17 or 18. He may not even be that good at 19. But come 21 or 22, he can be a top prospect and 22 or 23 he can be a major leaguer.

When Eppler spent 3 million on him, he wasn't spending that on ages 17-20. He was spending it to secure Maitan's 21-27 seasons.