• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When was the last time a protest changed anything?

I think some have, but it also comes down to how you do it.
If you protest something by accusing someone of something else its not going to create a positive situation.  Today's that seem to be the definition of protest is to point out something wrong and blame someone for it instead of working to change it.  
Have i seen one recently that i thought had merit.... on reason yes, on implementation, no bot really. 
Its popular today to blame one group for all the problems, instead of working to try to resolve them, and the thing about that is when you put someone on the defensive, bad things can happen.  Talk to a man you have a conversation, put a finger in his chest you have a fight.
What were doing right now is all wrong even when its being done for the right reasons.  

The one thing that strikes me about todays climate, is that im not really seeing a lot of "protests"... what im seeing is a lot of aggressive behavior disguised as such.
women's suffrage, MLK, hell even Malcom X, Ghandi and so many others both here and abroad were composed, non destructive, respectful.... how we go from that to using the same term to describe asshats like antifa is a bit odd to me. 
The right to organize, assemble, and protest never said anything about smashing Starbucks or beatdowns on campus to prevent speakers you dont like.  im pretty sure.   What were seeing todays isnt what i would call a protest, its oppressive antics, its cowardice hiding behind entitlement. 

54 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Good question for a thread.

I think protesting for higher wages across the country i.e. raising the minimum wage to $15.00 hr for low wage earners worked.

Did it?  a lot of them have been replaced with machines out just let go outright.   Plus costs just went up with it on goods so who gained aside from the adult children still living at home?

38 minutes ago, floplag said:

Did it?  a lot of them have been replaced with machines out just let go outright.   Plus costs just went up with it on goods so who gained aside from the adult children still living at home?

Hi FF ~ I agree with your stated consequences, but the protests did allow Governors in blue States to pander to the protestors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Protests in Puerto Rico ousted their governor. 

"Today’s mass protest comes after nearly two weeks of marches targeted at the governor, have been joined by some of the island’s biggest stars, including Bad Bunny and Ricky Martin'

lol