• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What started as a joke actually has some validity to it

i had a stick post-college. my dad lived in san fran at the time, and navigating up and down those hills was a hassle. overall i enjoyed the experience of driving one, but i got tired of driving around LA with one, especially while being in traffic. i much prefer an automatic.

Drove nothing but manuals up until about 1996 when we bought our Jeep Grand Cherokee. Except for my first car which was a '69 Chevy Nova with Powerglide (2-speed automatic).

Commuted from HB to Hawthorne for 12 years in traffic on the 405, with a manual transmission. I paid my dues.

Used to be that cars with manual transmissions had better fuel economy than those with automatics.

Nowadays the automatic transmissions are so advanced, with 6 speeds, constant-velocity, all-wheel, etc. there's no reason to drive anything else.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Commuted from HB to Hawthorne for 12 years in traffic on the 405, with a manual transmission. I paid my dues.

i grew up in hawthorne. our neighborhood was the perfect place to grow up. plenty of kids and plenty of sports.

why were you commuting to hawthorne?

Here's my list of what I've drive over the past 40 plus years:

Chevy Camper Special - Auto    
Datsun B210 - Stick
Datsun B210 - Auto
Nissan Sentra - Stick
Jeep Comanche Pickup - Stick
Mazda Miata - Stick
Honda Civic - Stick

Majority of the miles I've driven have been in a vehicle with a stick. It's a pain in the butt during traffic, but not too bad if you know how to limit your shifting.

I much prefer a stick anytime!