• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels have contacted MLB regarding Bryce Harper’s recruitment of Mike Trout, a possible violation of tampering rules ​​​​​​​

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Good. F*ck outta here. Give Trout his $400 mill and end this nonsense. 

This is what needs to happen sooner then later. If they want to keep him around The Angels need to not play games with this.  They need to aggressively try and extend him now. 

Bryce is going to feel really stupid in 2021 when his team is still sitting at .500 because they have nothing in the way of a minor league system, while the Nats regain control of the division led by Harper's replacement Victor Robles, and the Angels are coming off a World Series win and Mike Trout re-ups with the Angels and all the Philly fans turn in him (Harper) because he got fined and hasn't lured jack-squat to come play in Philadelphia. 

No one will sign with the Phillies because of Bryce Harper. They will sign with the Phillies if they offer the most money, like pretty much every other team. 

All this is doing is convincing Trout to sign an extension with us. I doubt he wants to put up with this shit the next two years.

We will be just as good as the Phillies in 2020. Probably better. There’s no reason to leave with people like Ohtani and Adell to build around. 

57 minutes ago, Bronson said:

All this is doing is convincing Trout to sign an extension with us. I doubt he wants to put up with this shit the next two years.

This, right here. This is why Trout will sign an extension now and why the halos need to put a blank check in front of him and let him fill it in.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Totally agree, but wouldn’t it be better to do it only through the MLB and not also include the media. It feels like Eppler wrote their story here. 

nope. everybody already knew the story. 

Eppler showed his players, and the rest of MLB, that we aren't going to lie back and take it. F*ck Harper. 

I believe MLB is missing more players who are as bluntly honest about how they feel like Harper does. With that be said I think MLB should ban him for life for uttering the hallowed name of Mike Trout from his douchy face. DON'T YOU PUT THAT VOODOO ON HIM BRYCE HARPER!

I don't mind a player stating that they'd love to play with the greatest player to ever live. I wish more players were outspoken and showed fire. I do agree that Eppler could have spun this better than he did, but if he says something to the effect of "were doing everything in our power to make Trout an Angel for life" he's putting all the pressure on Trout at that point. Make Trout comfortable, make him an offer he can't refuse when he's done with Spring Training, and keep it out of the media until it's done. 

Personally have no issues with how Eppler handled this.  He's got a bit of a fluffy bunny thing going on in the sense that comes off as likable and seems pretty harmless anytime you hear him speak so, this was out of the norm for him.  It's nice to see him basically say -- "Okay, STFU" and leave it at that.

This isn't on the Angels -- this is on Bryce Harper and his need to bring attention to himself.  Jon Heyman being the gossip columnist he's become is already running with it..  

Edited by Inside Pitch

According to reports Harper and Trout texted throughout Harper's negotiations. MLB can stop the "in the media lobbying" but can't do much about the personal texts between them. The front office needs to step up and make a solid offer to Trout prior to the season to see where he and his camp are at.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Personally have no issues with how Eppler handled this.  He's got a bit of a fluffy bunny thing going on in the sense that comes off as likable and seems pretty harmless anytime you hear him speak so, this was out of the norm for him.  It's nice to see him basically say -- "Okay, STFU" and leave it at that.

This isn't on the Angels -- this is on Bryce Harper and his need to bring attention to himself.  Jon Heyman being the gossip columnist he's become is already running with it..  

Heyman saying Trout and Harper are close made me LOL. Just absolutely made up nonsense there