• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout, Albert Pujols hit back-to-back homers in Angels’ 4-1 win over A’s

THE GAME: Mike Trout and Albert Pujols hit back-to-back home runs in a 4-1 win over the Oakland A’s before an announced crowd of 7,407 at Tempe Diablo Stadium.

HITTING REPORT: The Angels collected four consecutive extra-base hits in the third inning to plate three runs against A’s starter Marco Estrada. Kole Calhoun doubled. Trout’s first Cactus League home run cleared the fence just left of straightaway center field. Albert Pujols (3 for 3) homered to left field, his first of the spring. Taylor Ward (3 for 3) doubled into the right-field corner. … Minor leaguer Jose Rojas hit a solo home run against former Angels pitcher Parker Bridwell in the eighth inning.

PITCHING REPORT: Veteran reliever Daniel Hudson kicked off a 10-man bullpen game with a 1-2-3 first inning. The non-roster invitee struck out one. … Dan Jennings, Cam Bedrosian, Justin Anderson, Jake Jewell, John Curtiss, NRI Matt Ramsey and minor leaguers Matt Hanewich and Adam Hofacket didn’t allow a run. … Only Curtiss (1 ⅔ IP) recorded more than three outs. … Williams Jerez allowed the A’s only run in the seventh inning. Jorge Mateo singled, went to second on a wild pitch, and scored on a Luis Barrera double.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “I’ve always thought golf didn’t mess up a baseball swing for me.”  – Trout, who participated in Pujols’ charity golf event Saturday and hit his first Cactus League home run Sunday.

View the full article

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's only got 1 rbi though which by your standards is failure.  

Yes, although he does have 1 HR in 9 AB’s which translates into around 50 HR’s over a 500 AB season. You figure a average of 1 on base per HR. 

Ta da 100 RBI’s 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Yes, although he does have 1 HR in 9 AB’s which translates into around 50 HR’s over a 500 AB season. You figure a average of 1 on base per HR. 

Ta da 100 RBI’s 

too bad Albert's hr from today would have been overturned due to fan interference if it happened during the regular season.  So 0hr for every 9 at bats.  Ta da.  0 rbi.  

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

too bad Albert's hr from today would have been overturned due to fan interference if it happened during the regular season.  So 0hr for every 9 at bats.  Ta da.  0 rbi.  

I guessing you hate the idea of Pujols being on the team and taking a roster spot. 

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I guessing you hate the idea of Pujols being on the team and taking a roster spot. 

I hate the idea of any player on the 25 man roster not contributing.  I realize that Albert brings some intangibles to the table and the Angels still owe him a lot of money.  

As a baseball fan it bums me out that one of the last guys on any major league roster could outproduce one of the most prolific hitters in the history of major league baseball.  So what I really want is for him to recognize that he's a shell of his former self and to announce his retirement whereby the halos buy him out (even if for the full amount) and he does a victory lap this year and doesn't detract from his legacy any further.  

I don't want to watch Albert Pujols hit .240 and have his career avg drop below .300.  There are no milestones he's got left to achieve that are of interest to me.  

I really don't want the team or him to be in a position to squabble over PT at this point in his career because I feel like that's coming and the team doesn't need it.  It would certainly be great if the team stayed healthy and made a playoff run this year with him around, but he's far from a requirement and possible a hindrance to that.  

I appreciate his obligation to the contract and wanting to stick it out.  I wanted him to help the Angels win a championship.  But that ship has sailed.  There is a difference between being present and being helpful.  

I would have an increased level of respect for him if he were to recognize his current value.  

So I don't hate the idea of him taking a roster spot as much as I hate the idea of him continuing to play at a level unbecoming of his career as a legend.