• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Major League Baseball Thread

m0nkey

Something that I think gets overlooked about the roid days is the lack of high strike calls. I once saw Thomas lose it over a strike called at the belt. No chance he has those numbers with today’s strike zone. Not that he wasn’t a great hitter but he hit the perfect era to be a HoFer. 

4 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Tatis and Paddack are starting the year with the padres. You figure if any team was going to play service time games it’d be them. 

I like seeing teams NOT playing the games for a change.

was pretty cool how Paddack found out.  Manager told him he made the roster as he pulled him from a game. There’s video out there, whole infield was called in.  Pretty sweet

40 minutes ago, Biergott said:

I like seeing teams NOT playing the games for a change.

was pretty cool how Paddack found out.  Manager told him he made the roster as he pulled him from a game. There’s video out there, whole infield was called in.  Pretty sweet

Watched some interviews with this guy...seems like a great kid. Hope he and the Pads do really well this season.

Same - I’d love to see things come together for San Diego this year and watch them settle into a nice run of contention. 

I’d like to see the Twins, Reds, and Mets have a resurgence as well. It’d be fun to see those teams (along with San Diego) shake up the idea that there are different ways to compete; San Diego by counting on prospects from Day One, and Cincy, Minnesota, and NY for hitching their horse to random rebound vets and free agency. Angels fall into this too.

Something to break up the front office mindset that teams should avoid spending or need to hoard prospects or need to tank for 5 years.

7:40pm: Slusser reports that the Jays are covering more than $10MM of the $12MM remaining on Morales’ contract.

7:06pm: The two teams have announced the trade. Toronto is sending Morales and cash to Oakland in exchange for minor league infielder Jesus Lopez and international bonus money. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster, Oakland transferred right-hander Jharel Cotton to the 60-day injured list as he recovers from Tommy John surgery.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

7:40pm: Slusser reports that the Jays are covering more than $10MM of the $12MM remaining on Morales’ contract.

7:06pm: The two teams have announced the trade. Toronto is sending Morales and cash to Oakland in exchange for minor league infielder Jesus Lopez and international bonus money. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster, Oakland transferred right-hander Jharel Cotton to the 60-day injured list as he recovers from Tommy John surgery.

I'm much happier with Bour as our 1b/DH type for a couple mil and not having to give up any prospects in return.  I also think Bour has a much higher ceiling than Kendrys at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm much happier with Bour as our 1b/DH type for a couple mil and not having to give up any prospects in return.  I also think Bour has a much higher ceiling than Kendrys at this point.  

Agreed. I'm a huge Bour fan. He came out to the desert in 2014 to visit with all the deployed guys out there and I got a sweet picture with him. He's a great dude.

2 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Orioles start the season with Cashel and his 4-15 record from last year. Wow! They are gonna suck. 

Agreed, as will TEX, DET, CWS, TOR, and KC. The AL is very top heavy. I think HOU, NYY, and BOS are playoff-bound, along with CLE (by virtue of playing in a pretty weak AL central). Anything can happen in baseball, but I think the only playoff spot up for grabs is the 2nd Wild Card.