• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GAME DAY THREAD!!!!! (ST - 2/23/2019)

Docwaukee

- Matt Thaiss still has a pretty swing. Barrel spends a lot of time through the zone. He should be the starting 1B come August.

- Good to see Cozart is healthy and tinkering with his stance. Hitting .219 will do that.

- Jewell looked very good on the mound. 

- Adell made solid contact in both at bats. Big, strong kid.

- Ward looked comfortable at the plate and in the field. 

- Glad to have Cowart back. Looking forward to seeing him in action on the mound. And I agree with whoever posted about the flurry of moves being made at the end of ST. Cowart has obviously been passed on the UTIF depth chart by Fletch and Rengifo, and sits firmly behind La Stella, Ward and Cozart, but again, being a two way player really gives the Angels some interesting options on the roster. And not like Ohtani, who almost limits the roster space by sticking with the rotation and DH. Cowart can be the UTIF and middle reliever, which gives you the freedom to either carry an extra batter or an extra pitcher on the roster. So if the bullpen is taxed, this could be someone like Jewel, or it could be speed off the bench for the late innings like Hermosillo. 

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

The most noticeable thing from today is that a lot of the prospects looked more like major leaguers.  

I agree. Obviously being a major leaguer is a lot more than just looking the part in your first spring training game, but collectively as a group they looked like big leaguers in the box and on the field. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Only one day against a poor team, but i saw some really nice things today especially from Thaiss and Ward.  If those 2 have a good spring this club could get more interesting quickly.   

If you think Thaiss having a good Spring would make roster decisions more interesting, then I think you're giving the FO too much credit. He can hit 1.000 with a HR in every AB and Pujols could go 0-fer the Spring with a strikeout every AB and Pujols would still be the starting 1B/DH.

But yes, it could affect Bour I suppose. 

And Ward, the only thing that would do is move Cozart to 2B. 

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If you think Thaiss having a good Spring would make roster decisions more interesting, then I think you're giving the FO too much credit. He can hit 1.000 with a HR in every AB and Pujols could go 0-fer the Spring with a strikeout every AB and Pujols would still be the starting 1B/DH.

Well id like to think that if either of those 2 makes an obvious case it would be considered...  but you are probably correct

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

News Flash! Mike Scioscia has stepped down as manager. 

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I agree. Obviously being a major leaguer is a lot more than just looking the part in your first spring training game, but collectively as a group they looked like big leaguers in the box and on the field. 

Adell is a man boy.  Dude is 19.  

but they all had good at bats.  1st day of spring and everyone is working a 3 ball count.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Adell is a man boy.  Dude is 19.  

but they all had good at bats.  1st day of spring and everyone is working a 3 ball count.  

It was astute of our commentators to note individual scouting reports too. That is something they didn't do much of in the past.  Like Rengifo, noting that he really isn't that fast, but he has quick feet and is aggressive. Or Adell's prolific training in the offseason. Casual fans don't realize such things