• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I want to buy a dog ASAP

mp170.6

50 minutes ago, mp170.6 said:

Every adoption place I called gave me hell over this being a "gift" despite my dad wanting a dog and being fully prepared to accept the responsibility. 

"it's a gift . . . to myself"

you're welcome.

5 hours ago, mp170.6 said:

Every adoption place I called gave me hell over this being a "gift" despite my dad wanting a dog and being fully prepared to accept the responsibility. 

Did you offer to take your dad with you to get the dog?  Otherwise I understand how they would be against it because I'm sure they've had plenty of "gift" dogs that end up returned or in shelters.  

40 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Did you offer to take your dad with you to get the dog?  Otherwise I understand how they would be against it because I'm sure they've had plenty of "gift" dogs that end up returned or in shelters.  

No, I didn't do that.  One of the places wanted to interview potential pet owners in advance after filling out a multi-page questionnaire, and I decided not to subject my dad to that BS.  We can do that another time.

8 minutes ago, mp170.6 said:

No, I didn't do that.  One of the places wanted to interview potential pet owners in advance after filling out a multi-page questionnaire, and I decided not to subject my dad to that BS.  We can do that another time.

To be fair then I understand where they're coming from.  Some people that want puppies or even kittens (rally) end up returning, surrendering or abandoning them once they're older or even earlier because they're too much work.  Gifted animals are probably given up at a higher rate as someone gets a "gift" for someone else that costs thousands of dollars, a lot of attention and time.         

27 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

To be fair then I understand where they're coming from.  Some people that want puppies or even kittens (rally) end up returning, surrendering or abandoning them once they're older or even earlier because they're too much work.  Gifted animals are probably given up at a higher rate as someone gets a "gift" for someone else that costs thousands of dollars, a lot of attention and time.         

Yeah, I get it too.  I don't blame them.