• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Expectations for Skaggs and Henaey

Vlad27Trout27

My guess for Skaggs will be 17-8, 3.27 ERA in 29 GS, 177 IP.

Harvey will be right around a 3.5 ERA and will manage 30 GS. He'll also go deeper in starts on the average than any of the other regular 5. 193 IP.  He'll win 16 and lose 10..

Heaney will start 33 games with a slightly higher ERA, somewhere around 3.75. 200 IP. He'll win 15 GS, lose 8.

Barria takes a small step back but still manages 27 GS and a 3.8 ERA. Goes 15-10.

Cahill, Pena, JC Ramirez, Tropeano will manage to start 33 GS between them but with a combined 4.2 ERA. They'll go 11-12.

Canning will come on late, start the remaining 10 games, with a sparkling 2.15 ERA and 8-0 record. He'll pitch 3 complete games.

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

Skaggs was great through 19 starts last year, and then got hurt.  

Which is his norm for Tyler. Good to Great 10-15 or so starts and then gets injured. March 1 start - 1-0 and an 0.00 ERA, April 5 starts 2-2 and a 3.76 ERA and June 5 starts 3-1 and a .84 ERA otherwise he was meh to awful.

vs May 5 starts 0-2 and a 4.28 ERA and July 2-2 and a 6.33 ERA.

Overall, he had a very good first half. But, once again that his is MO whether it be injury, lack of focus or tiredness and leaving his pitches up. He has been Jeckle & Hyde.

I expect more of the same. Until, he can prove his career wrong.

Pre All-Star LAA 7 5 2.57 17 17

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

My guess for Skaggs will be 17-8, 3.27 ERA in 29 GS, 177 IP.

Harvey will be right around a 3.5 ERA and will manage 30 GS. He'll also go deeper in starts on the average than any of the other regular 5. 193 IP.  He'll win 16 and lose 10..

Heaney will start 33 games with a slightly higher ERA, somewhere around 3.75. 200 IP. He'll win 15 GS, lose 8.

Barria takes a small step back but still manages 27 GS and a 3.8 ERA. Goes 15-10.

Cahill, Pena, JC Ramirez, Tropeano will manage to start 33 GS between them but with a combined 4.2 ERA. They'll go 11-12.

Canning will come on late, start the remaining 10 games, with a sparkling 2.15 ERA and 8-0 record. He'll pitch 3 complete games.

Hubs, I would love this! I just don't see Tyler staying healthy or not needing a break as he also fatigues consistently and doesn't throw quick innings. He isn't overly dominant to rely on a single pitch consistently. 

The lack of Quick innings and higher pitch counts could be previous pitching coaches attempting to keep the hitter off balance and by using his entire repertoire. Hopefully, White can work some magic on him!

Have we ever had 4 - 15 game winners?.... Might want to pair that back a bit. But, who knows?

For Heaney to have a similar year to 2018. A #3+ starter and go  +/- 200 innings.

No expectations for Skaggs to be anything but what he has been...great, bad or hurt. See 2019 as the end of the road with Angels for him. Just doesn't seem to be built to take the wear and tear and never has developed the brass balls it takes to be a stud pitcher...only has glass ones.

Would like to see Felix Pena and Barria be given the chance to further develop and then see Canning and Suarez come up later in the year to see if they really are possible rotation pieces going towards 2020 to go with Heaney and Ohtani. If not then pitching critical next off season.

20 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Hubs, I would love this! I just don't see Tyler staying healthy or not needing a break as he also fatigues consistently and doesn't throw quick innings. He isn't overly dominant to rely on a single pitch consistently. 

The lack of Quick innings and higher pitch counts could be previous pitching coaches attempting to keep the hitter off balance and by using his entire repertoire. Hopefully, White can work some magic on him!

Have we ever had 4 - 15 game winners?.... Might want to pair that back a bit. But, who knows?

I think they would've had that 4 - 15 game winners in 2011 if their offense was as good as this one will be. They allowed 633 runs based solely on the strength of the top 3, who started in 100 games. But Santana only won 11-12 despite pitching to a 3.38 ERA and throwing 228.2 IP.

Skaggs last season had a 2.57 ERA in the 1st 17 starts he made, and a 9.22 ERA in the next 7. He also pitched far better with major league veterans Maldonado and Rivera, versus Arcia and Briceno.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.fcgi%3Fid%3Dskaggty01%26year%3D2018%26t%3Dp&div=div_catch"></script>

Hopefully he will work well with Lucroy and Smith.

Heaney was also worse in the second half, at a 4.64 ERA to a 3.78 ERA in the first half.

He also didn't pitch well to Arcia. But did fine with Briceno.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=br&url=%2Fplayers%2Fsplit.fcgi%3Fid%3Dheanean01%26year%3D2018%26t%3Dp&div=div_catch"></script>

Heaney will pitch like a #2, Heaney will pitch like a #3, Cahill, Harvey and Barria will be a #4-5. No true #1 as usual. This is my optimistic take. I honestly believe if Canning started the season with us he would be our number 1 pitcher. I'm that high on him.