• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Justin Upton aims to be ready for opening day, not early spring training games

AngelsWin.com

TEMPE, Ariz. — Justin Upton is in no hurry to get on the field in spring training, as he lets tendinitis in his knee calm down.

Upton said he suffered the injury running in the offseason, and now he plans to “take it slow.” He said he isn’t expecting to be playing spring training games in the early part of the Cactus League schedule, but he doesn’t anticipate any problem being ready for opening day.

“It won’t be a problem,” Upton said on Tuesday. “You’ll see me before we get to California. I’ll definitely be in some spring training games and I’ll be ready to go.”

Upton said he’s been hitting off a tee and throwing, while waiting for his knee to allow him full mobility.

ALSO

On Wednesday Matt Harvey is scheduled to throw his first bullpen session since going down with a strained glute on the first official days of workouts, last week. …

Jo Adell, the Angels’ top prospect, hit in a group with Mike Trout and Albert Pujols on Tuesday.

View the full article

21 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I just hope he's not as streaking as he was last year.

He wasn’t too streaky actually, just had a bad April (.669 OPS) and had a lot of bad luck with RISP.

From May 1, .264/.357/.486/.843 - right in line with expectations. A .724 OPS in Sept./Oct. was a little weak but still fine.

I think he will have a good year.

Edited by totdprods

I think this will be Upton's last year in LF. Albert just wont be effective this year.  The knees, the elbow,  the age... Right around June he will decide this is his play campaign.  In the mean time,  we will see breakouts from both Marsh and Adell in the second half of the season.  Adell will start off slow in AA, and finish the year by absolutely torching AAA. Marsh will stay at inland empire and it will be top ready for him,  and he'll have momentum carry him through AA. He will finish the season with a short stint in AAA. 

By May of next year,  Adell will be staying in LF, Trout in CF, Marsh in RF and Upton at 1B, while getting starts at DH when it isn't Ohtani,  and effectively serving as the 4th OF because both Adell and Marsh can play CF too. The OF defense will  be unparalleled.