• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unconfirmed Rumor: Trout discussing extension with Angels (8 years, 350-375 million)

rafibomb

21 minutes ago, axalar said:

Wonder if the FO is floating this to show fans theyre trying.. or if theyre doing it to get Bryce to ask for more from Philly, taking them out of the Trout chase next season

skepticism aside, hope this is legit

Wrong!!

This is not consistent with the Angels front office.

So an 8-year extension on top of his current contract:

6 years, $144M + 8 years, $356M = 14 years, $500M

The 2nd half of that contract would be $44.5M in AAV. It would make him the 1st player in history to exceed $500M in total earnings (I think at least unless I am missing someone?).

Essentially tacking on 8 more years would keep him in Anaheim for the next 10 years as @Angel Oracle spoke earlier about.

53 minutes ago, ettin said:

So an 8-year extension on top of his current contract:

6 years, $144M + 8 years, $356M = 14 years, $500M

The 2nd half of that contract would be $44.5M in AAV. It would make him the 1st player in history to exceed $500M in total earnings (I think at least unless I am missing someone?).

Essentially tacking on 8 more years would keep him in Anaheim for the next 10 years as @Angel Oracle spoke earlier about.

Arod was at 440m  

Trout will likely have some option years with the halos for his age 37-40 seasons in the range of 30-40m.  Maybe a bit less.  but I bet he earns another 60-100m after his extension.  

If the rumors are true about Bryce Harper going to Philadelphia for big money, I don't see any way that they could feasibly pay both Harper and Trout the kind of money that they will both command. If they tried, Trout would cement his spot on a losing team, because they wouldn't have the funds to spend on anything else.

35 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If the rumors are true about Bryce Harper going to Philadelphia for big money, I don't see any way that they could feasibly pay both Harper and Trout the kind of money that they will both command. If they tried, Trout would cement his spot on a losing team, because they wouldn't have the funds to spend on anything else.

I don’t see it as any different than the Angels having both Trout and Albert.  It is about $10 million more a season, not that big of a deal.  People here wanted the Angels to sign Machado, so that would be $40 million to Trout, $30 million to Manny, $30 million to Albert, $22 million to Upton, $13 million to Simmons, $13 million to Cozart.  Or roughly $150 million for 6 players.  

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

@Jeff Fletcher, any thoughts on this?

I don’t think they’ve started talking but I wouldn’t be shocked if they have. 

I think any one of us could guess the numbers they are discussing and be close.

I don’t believe this guy has any credible inside information. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t see it as any different than the Angels having both Trout and Albert.  It is about $10 million more a season, not that big of a deal.  People here wanted the Angels to sign Machado, so that would be $40 million to Trout, $30 million to Manny, $30 million to Albert, $22 million to Upton, $13 million to Simmons, $13 million to Cozart.  Or roughly $150 million for 6 players.  

When you put it like this, it's kinda crazy to think that 10 years of Machado is costing the same as two years of this lineup.

10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t think they’ve started talking but I wouldn’t be shocked if they have. 

I think any one of us could guess the numbers they are discussing and be close.

I don’t believe this guy has any credible inside information. 

Dreamkiller!

Seriously though, thanks for the info and all of your participation here.

22 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

Ha, sure thing.  It's like the rookie giving up his number to a veteran. ? My favorite Halos logo, surprised more people don't use that for their avatar.  

I saw one of your posts and was like, I didn't write that. LOL.

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

The Pujols contract will not be on the books for the majority of time Trout is being paid above the rest on the league.

26 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Would it be possible for the Angels to get Bryce and pay him less money in the beginning and increase it when Albert comes off the books??

Yes they could but. . .

That wouldn't help in calculating the luxury tax.  It would help manage actual cash flow so that is at least something.

But I don't view it as realistic because Harper would have to agree and most believe he is going to want an opt put at 4 or 5 years.  That structure would work against the opt out structure being good for the player.